PDA

View Full Version : Dumb Injuries

ATVMX33
11-15-2011, 10:29 AM
So right now i feel like an idiot. out of work for at least a week and my leg freaking hurts. I had a bonfire saturday night and was playing soccer with a gasoline soaked tennisball haha. This time it caught my jeans on fire so my one leg is burnt pretty bad.
Anyone else have any really dumb injuries? haha

fastredrider44
11-15-2011, 10:54 AM
Funny you mention soccer. The other day, by g/f was playing in an alumni soccer game. So a couple of weeks before, i got the bright idea to kick the ball around in the yard with her, in the dark. I used to play, so i figured I could try to block her and what not to let her brush up on some skills. Well, I rolled my ankle really bad, the night before a race. It hurt like hell to put my boot on the next day. I felt like a tard.

buck440
11-15-2011, 12:47 PM
i was spinning my co2 bb handgun on my finger and it went off and shot me by my eye ball and is behind my orbital socket.

i made a slingshot on my roof out of surgical tuning and stuck a knife in it to launch it and i pulled it back and it shot forward and i seen on it's way back the knife somehow stuck in the tubbing and pointed towards me and came back to stab me in the back of my hand pretty deep.

i was dooing a wheelie on my 400ex and i went too far back and my boot got caught in the grab bar and it drug me along about 10 seconds untill i finally went in a 10 ft ditch with the quad on me with my foot still caught in the grab bar.

i tried to light my fart on fire once bare *** and got the lighter too close and my *** hairs went up in flames pretty quick.

i don't know how many times my mom told me to lie at the E.R. about what happend :)

finsteratv
11-15-2011, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by buck440
i was spinning my co2 bb handgun on my finger and it went off and shot me by my eye ball and is behind my orbital socket.

i made a slingshot on my roof out of surgical tuning and stuck a knife in it to launch it and i pulled it back and it shot forward and i seen on it's way back the knife somehow stuck in the tubbing and pointed towards me and came back to stab me in the back of my hand pretty deep.

i was dooing a wheelie on my 400ex and i went too far back and my boot got caught in the grab bar and it drug me along about 10 seconds untill i finally went in a 10 ft ditch with the quad on me with my foot still caught in the grab bar.

i tried to light my fart on fire once bare *** and got the lighter too close and my *** hairs went up in flames pretty quick.

i don't know how many times my mom told me to lie at the E.R. about what happend :) lmao, a girl who's like my sister went to hit me in the back of the head in 6th grade but i turned around and she broke my nose.
Had a party before XC districts so me and the other guys (mostly juniors and seniors) decided to play shrks and minnows tackle style. I ended up with bloody stained ripped shirt and super sore. Next day my shoulder hurt and burned like a mofo but i still ran, beating every varsity runner on my team and setting the new freshman record!

wilkin250r
11-15-2011, 02:18 PM
I used to play with knives as a teenager, flipping them around and doing basic sleight-of-hand tricks. Naturally, I dropped them many times.

One particular time I was flipping the knife around, and right away I knew I couldn't catch it safely, so I let it fall to the ground. I was immediatly bending down to retrieve it, and of all the stupid, rotten luck, that knife landed directly on the handle and stood for a half second pointed straight up at the sky (what are the odds? ) and I was already on my way down to grab it. That thing stuck about half inch into my palm.

I really should have gotten stiches for it, but I was too embarrassed to admit my stupidity. I healed okay, though.

buck440
11-15-2011, 02:45 PM
that reminds me of what happened the other day. i was getting out of my stand from bow hunting and i droped an arrow. on my way down...20 foot stand... i sliped and fell about 5 feet on my stomach and somehow my arrow landed pointy side up and it was 2 ft away. it was a muzzy 4 razor broadhead and about 2 miles from my car. could of been a bad situmawation.

finsteratv
11-15-2011, 04:03 PM
haha thats like my friend and i were flippin around butterfly knives and he was getting a little crazy. he was like as long as i dont stab myself im fine and sure enough he popped himself right in the thiegh, wasnt real bad or anything. just funny.
OR
we were building a fort out of old lumber..nails in it still..i told everybody to watch where they step so they dont get one in the foot..and surely as i stepped backwards there was a board with a nail and right in my foot it went. i was pissed with a damaged ego. haha

Honda4life05
11-15-2011, 05:04 PM
A few friends and I were pulling an office chair with a 300ex on concrete, Its very hard to not hit curbs and fly off. wheels eventually fell off.

We were also ghost riding old bicycles in the woods off of a jump down into a big ravine, Not sure what happened but lets just say I didn't get off the bike in time.

fastredrider44
11-15-2011, 05:15 PM
I jumped on a skate board from a run one time. Just like what anyone with intelligence knows what happens next, I was on my back. I was drunk, and yes, my ego was severly damaged, as was my butt and back.

chase davis 81
11-15-2011, 06:50 PM
haha i was at a party saturday nite at my buddys houseand everybody was watchin the football game except me and dylan(i hate foot ball motcross riders dont play with balls)...so we got the bright idea to make a jump for the bicycle and of course my dumb self jumps and im used to fourwheels not two anyways i totally missed the landin ramp went over the handle bars and i cut my shoulder all up and it hurts like heck...then everybody desides were goin bowlin after the game....i got to sit n watch lol

finsteratv
11-15-2011, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by chase davis 81
haha i was at a party saturday nite at my buddys houseand everybody was watchin the football game except me and dylan(i hate foot ball motcross riders dont play with balls)...so we got the bright idea to make a jump for the bicycle and of course my dumb self jumps and im used to fourwheels not two anyways i totally missed the landin ramp went over the handle bars and i cut my shoulder all up and it hurts like heck...then everybody desides were goin bowlin after the game....i got to sit n watch lol My football party consisted of sitting at abby's pizza watching my dad his friend and a bunch of dudes get plastered and super happy that oregon whoooped stanford :D all after a day of riding..so i crashed in the truck. Pretty soon i woke up to gangster rap blasting and my dad doing like 20 in a 35 with people blowing past us with windows down...i dont get 50 year old men haha

chase davis 81
11-15-2011, 07:13 PM
thats what i call fun lol

Tommy Warren
11-15-2011, 07:46 PM
i was drunk at a party a month ago and decided to ride my buddies donkey around the yard so i jumped on his back and he went about three feet before running out from under me and bucking at the same time....I got 2 donkey feet in the nuts. they swelled to 3 times the size so I went to the ER and asked them to keep the swelling and get rid of the pain...no luck:(

250x_kyle
11-15-2011, 09:39 PM
working on my quad with a clay pigeon launcher beside me. it was in the way but in stead of moving it i just pulled it back and locked it in place. well when i reached over for a different wrench my boot pulled the cord whap right in the elbo.

b0rn c0nfused
11-15-2011, 09:46 PM
This actually just happened today.I was coming out of a corn field on my 300ex to go home and get gas. Well there is this steep ditch between the corn field and the road, like 3 foot deep maybe. So I was just screwing around on it for a minute, got to the top of it and accidentally dumped the clutch. It flipped over on top of me (my back hurt like sh*t) and this dude stops in a van, looks at me after I got the wheeler off of me and just waves and drives off...didn't the wheeler none :D

ATVMX33
11-16-2011, 08:11 AM
haha good stories everyone

im reminded of one of my other stupid moments...thought it would be a good idea to hold a 3rd gear wheelie on my z400 up my paved driveway into a foot of snow. I'm sure everyone can guess that when i hit the snow it slammed over the bars and hit my balls hard. haha

Kickstarts-suck
11-16-2011, 11:58 AM
I was at the mall with my GF and she wanted to go in bath and body works and she told me to smell something.. I smelled it an a little got on my nose so I went and got a paper towel to wipe my nose off and the paper towel scrapped across my eye cutting my cornea really bad.. Had to go to the hospital the next day. Doctor said it sliced my cornea pretty bad. Worse pain ever.. Ive broken bones and had a back injuries but the eye was terrible!!

Now im really weird about anything or anyone getting close to my eye.. :scary:

ATVMX33
11-16-2011, 02:35 PM
And one time i was backing down my driveway on a lt80, turned and the thing flipped. Broke my arm and the end of both bones came out of my skin. My shoe came off too and the brake lever put a hole in my foot to the bone.

guy310
11-17-2011, 12:47 AM
All of you guys that have posted should go immediately and get clipped. There is way too much stupidity already in this world.

MX MaNiAc 06
11-18-2011, 01:43 PM
Thats a nice thing to say, guy. haha

When i was 16 a guy at work was messing with me and told me i could punch him in the arm. I crow-hopped him and he turned his shoulder into me as i was hitting him. Broke a carpal bone in my wrist.. i dont think i told anyone the true story why i was wearing that cast for a couple years. hahaha I cut it off after a couple weeks and it bugs me now. I ended up becoming really good friends with the guy and being one of his groomsmen when he got married. Of course it was brought up a lot during the wedding..