PDA

View Full Version : want some opinions/ideas

Shafer777
11-15-2011, 08:26 AM
so the race season is over and its time to rebuild, but not sure on what all i should add. its an 05, 13.5 wiseco, baldwin head, bigger valves, stage 2 hotcam, older hmf full system, stock carb.

power-50.7hp, torque-about 30-33ft-lbs

i was planning on tearing the motor down (rebuild crank, rings, maybe higher comp) bcs when i rebuilt it i didnt touch the crank, but everything up is new with a local season on it. i dont want to drop alot of money into the motor cause i just dropped almost $700 in a janssen swinger, elka shock+link, and some front tires.

ive always through a carb and better pipe, but it seems to pull decent holeshots, but dont mean i couldnt use more ;) thanks

*note ive got the PC taken care of, and pic gives ya a little idea of what i got on the outside.

Shafer777
11-15-2011, 08:31 AM
and im here at school bored. LOL

chronicsmoke
11-15-2011, 09:05 AM
FCR and a higher comp. piston :devil:

Sounds like you've got a solid setup alrerady though!

Kovatch
11-16-2011, 10:04 AM
Even though you have cams and a piston, but different brands may yield more power. Webcams + a CP piston or Baldwin cams with JE piston, etc. Just some thoughts. I'm not sure which are a better combo.

I would definitely consider a bigger carb and new exhaust. If it's an old design, the updated version or different brand/custom exhaust, may be better suited to get more HP.

Colby@C&DRacing
11-17-2011, 12:33 PM
I agree I would go with the FCR carb for sure. I didn't see any mention of a port and polish.

Shafer777
11-18-2011, 09:45 AM
well i said baldwin head, meaning that baldwin ported it lol :) im thinking about finding a different cam and a single ring piston, but im liking how much mid-range power it has. the dyno shows it holds right at 50.X hp from 4X-65.XXmph and only cuts off at rev limiter, which is stock as well.

Kovatch
11-18-2011, 10:33 AM
What ignition system are you running? Vortex, TokyoMods, or just a simple CDI box? That would help gain on the over rev a little. If you are pulling holeshots, and extra 1000 rpm in 2nd and 3rd can mean a lot.

I know some of Baldwin's cams hit real hard mid through top end, which for Malvern (your picture) is where you want it to hit hard: top-end track.