PDA

View Full Version : ATV 24/7 episode 6 - Do they not know who Tim Farr is ?

Langbolt
11-15-2011, 08:00 AM
I watched the latest episode of ATV 24/7 and was a little dissapointed with the coverage....They were showing Mark Baldwin conversing with Tim Farr (5-time GNC Champion) and there was NO mention of him.....they kept showing the title bar with Marks name....but they couldn't show Tim's name or even mention him!!! After all he's done for our sport!!!! Do they not even know who he is ?

Did anyone else notice this too ?

:(

ryan243
11-15-2011, 08:29 AM
Yea. I caught that

XCRacer236
11-15-2011, 10:20 AM
That piece was not about and had NOTHING to do with Tim Farr. Why would they mention him when he had nothing to do with the topic? They didn't interview him either, therefore he doesn't get metioned. That piece was about MARK BALDWIN and JOSH UPPERMAN. :rolleyes:

madskrillz2
11-15-2011, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by XCRacer236
That piece was not about and had NOTHING to do with Tim Farr. Why would they mention him when he had nothing to do with the topic? They didn't interview him either, therefore he doesn't get metioned. That piece was about MARK BALDWIN and JOSH UPPERMAN. :rolleyes:

Maybe because Tim Farr is a legend in our sport and has always been with Mark Baldwin? Do you think if someone was filming Ricky Carmichael talking to Dungey's mechanic Goose, who is also his old mechanic, they wouldn't show his name? Come on now. Go take a nerve pill and settle down.

Langbolt
11-15-2011, 10:37 AM
Yes! I know that piece was about Mark Baldwin & Josh Upperman....but Tim Farr was wearing a Baldwin Shirt and was giving Upperman some riding tips I'm sure!
Mark & Tim go way back....they went to the same High School.

Just thought they'd give him some respect and state his name....that's all.

I don't like seeing the LEGENDS fading away.....Just like the 250R...just sayin'

:devil:

440racer66
11-15-2011, 10:45 AM
my only beef with the show is it come on under the name racer tv.

KingpinsEx
11-15-2011, 06:57 PM

How can you say that? Josh's whole program is based off of what Tim started. And guess what, a big reason he was been upfront is from the extra input Tim has put it. I have heard Josh say that himself. That was def. a missed opportunity, I almost didn't even notice him. If there was anyone on that episode I would like to hear interviewed it would be Tim!

XCRacer236
11-15-2011, 07:18 PM
You guys don't get it. Look at it from the producers stand-point. When that piece was produced, it was about Upperman and his chance at winning the championship. he riders for Baldwin, NOT Farr. Therefore, Baldwin is directly connected to the story, Farr is not.

If the average person who doesn't know anything about racing was watching, they would think NOTHING of seein some guy talking to Baldwin. The ONLY reason you guys notice it is because you know who he is..

Had they said, Upperman grew up under the wing of Farr, and then showed Farr talking to or working with Upperman, THEN Farr would get mentioned.

fastex91
11-15-2011, 08:23 PM
I dont give two shats about if they mention Tim. How about they shut the hell up with all the interviews and show the racing. 30 minutes, 15 minutes of interviews, 10 minutes of commercials and 5 minutes of race coverage. What a waste of a good oppurtunity to showcase the sport.

motofreak2772
11-15-2011, 08:31 PM
You guys don't get it. Look at it from the producers stand-point. When that piece was produced, it was about Upperman and his chance at winning the championship. he riders for Baldwin, NOT Farr. Therefore, Baldwin is directly connected to the story, Farr is not.

If the average person who doesn't know anything about racing was watching, they would think NOTHING of seein some guy talking to Baldwin. The ONLY reason you guys notice it is because you know who he is..

Had they said, Upperman grew up under the wing of Farr, and then showed Farr talking to or working with Upperman, THEN Farr would get mentioned.
That seems right to me. And for those of you complaining about his name not being put on the screen are ridiculous. If you want to complain, complain about why he wasn't even interviewed haha. I think that would be more significant than just his name popping up. And it would also give some insight to the history of our sport and riders to those who know nothing about it.

madskrillz2
11-16-2011, 02:24 PM

So with that point of view, should they even mention any of the racers? Since the average person doesn't know who they are either.

madskrillz2
11-16-2011, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by fastex91
I dont give two shats about if they mention Tim. How about they shut the hell up with all the interviews and show the racing. 30 minutes, 15 minutes of interviews, 10 minutes of commercials and 5 minutes of race coverage. What a waste of a good oppurtunity to showcase the sport.

I agree and they used to have a show that showed more of the moto. But the whole point of this show is a behind the scenes look at everything. I don't understand why they're using it to showcase motos but I guess exposure is exposure.

honda400ex2003
11-16-2011, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by fastex91

x3 i dont watch it just for that reason. sad to see that they have a great op and turn into that.

steve

KingpinsEx
11-16-2011, 03:29 PM
Everyone knows there are two shows right? One that strictly shows racing and then there is atv 24/7. It is a reality tv show, therefore its purpose is to show the behind the scenes stuff. I for one have seen atv's go around a track enough times that I am more interested in the story.

Not watching it is not helping anyone's cause. If it gets poor ratings it will only slow any growth that has started. If you have any interest in atv racing whatsoever, I can't see why you would not watch it compared to the rest of the garbage that is on tv.

XCRacer236
11-16-2011, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by madskrillz2
So with that point of view, should they even mention any of the racers? Since the average person doesn't know who they are either.

It's called a telecommunications background bud.. Your post makes no sense. ONCE AGAIN, he did NOT get mentioned because the piece was NOT about Farr. When Natalie is getting interviewed, it's about him, so he get's mentioned..

madskrillz2
11-16-2011, 08:25 PM
It's called a telecommunications background bud.. Your post makes no sense. ONCE AGAIN, he did NOT get mentioned because the piece was NOT about Farr. When Natalie is getting interviewed, it's about him, so he get's mentioned..

I realize that but I go back to what I said before. I guarantee if it was bikes and Ricky Carmichael or any famous former pro was in Farr's place, he would be mentioned. It's the same scenario. Plus, Farr still has as much to do with that program as anybody.

honda250xrider
11-17-2011, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by madskrillz2
I realize that but I go back to what I said before. I guarantee if it was bikes and Ricky Carmichael or any famous former pro was in Farr's place, he would be mentioned. It's the same scenario. Plus, Farr still has as much to do with that program as anybody.

You are correct that if this interview was taking place with bikes Ricky Carmichael would have his name in caption underneath him. The reason being is that Ricky is well known not only in the bike world but within other industry's. Tim Farr is only known within the small ATV community, and even then most people within the ATV community do not know him.

The show is made to be an entry level show, in which most of the people watching know little of the community.

KingpinsEx
11-17-2011, 06:31 PM
How is anyone that doesnt know who he is going to learn if they don't acknowledge that he is somebody? As far as anyone watching knows he is just one of Uppermans mechanics, which is def. not the case. Shoot they interview Can-Am's "Team Motivator" is basically a guy who just yells all the time. Its all about respect, no harm would have been done or something taken away from Upperman if they put "Tim Farr" Multi Time National Champion in a caption. Not saying he should have had a 10min interview or anything but at least acknowledge the guy. That show might not even exist if Tim would not have pushed so hard for the production classes...

madskrillz2
11-17-2011, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by KingpinsEx
How is anyone that doesnt know who he is going to learn if they don't acknowledge that he is somebody? As far as anyone watching knows he is just one of Uppermans mechanics, which is def. not the case. Shoot they interview Can-Am's "Team Motivator" is basically a guy who just yells all the time. Its all about respect, no harm would have been done or something taken away from Upperman if they put "Tim Farr" Multi Time National Champion in a caption. Not saying he should have had a 10min interview or anything but at least acknowledge the guy. That show might not even exist if Tim would not have pushed so hard for the production classes...

Exactly. Couldn't have said it better.

honda250xrider
11-17-2011, 07:21 PM

I can agree that they should have put his name in caption.

On the other hand this was a business decision in which they chose not to. I have some views of why they did not highlight his name. You have to take a step back and remember that most of the people are not even going to know who this person is or even care for that matter. Sad but true.

XCRacer236
11-17-2011, 09:40 PM
***** all you guys want... it's the same case no matter what the situation.

KingpinsEx
11-19-2011, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by honda250xrider
I can agree that they should have put his name in caption.

On the other hand this was a business decision in which they chose not to. I have some views of why they did not highlight his name. You have to take a step back and remember that most of the people are not even going to know who this person is or even care for that matter. Sad but true.

Back to my point, "Tim Farr Multi-Time GNC Pro Champion" everyone watching would know who he is then, whether they have seen him ride or not. I don't see how it was a business decision, I think maybe the producers didn't know, which considering what the show is about would be an insult. I guess this is something an XC racer would just not understand :rolleyes: .

honda250xrider
11-19-2011, 07:55 AM
what does the name Tim Farr add to most individuals? - little to nothing

what does the name James stewart add?- it can retain viewers to watch the entire clip

The name Tim Farr has little marketable value. In such most people do not even know him. Possibly they thought that this would be given "too much information during the scene"

I do not know the whole intention of why they did not give credit to Tim but I also will not hold it agaisn't them either.

You have to take it as a marketing standpoint. What would they gain by mentioning his name? I can not think of one thing.

XCRacer236
11-19-2011, 09:40 AM
I guess this is something an XC racer would just not understand :rolleyes: .

Are you really STILL getting bent out of shape? Dude, there's nothing you can do, get over it!

BTW, I've followed GNCC and raced XC since 2004...

Do you even know what FRE KTM stands for?