PDA

View Full Version : Back in the saddle again - AND ... a new WORCS Honda build !

QuadJunkies
11-13-2011, 07:54 PM
This has been a really lame year for racing... but we are on to an early start for 2012 with a new honda build for my Son :blah:

Im a ,little out of the loop for the honda450.. so I was wondering if you all can help throw some ideas at me on a few things...
Any new -cool looking bumpers out there ? Any pictures of them installed ?
Also, new bars, whats in ... whats not ... ( I have a few in mind already ) and also a couple good youth chest protectors for a child around 145 lbs.
I was thinking maybe the thor Sentenial ?
At this point , as far as suspension goes... I think we are lean ing towards EXIT/ARS-FX WORCS set up. We have built an ARSFX honda before as well as a mini quad and really dig there set ups .

I could use some ideas on companies fro graphics as well... My Son wants something with a cool Blue and black to go with his White plastic this time ....

Im Looking forward to a few motos with my Son over the winter/spring (weather permitting my old arse cant take the cold haha !) this will be intersting as my Husband is off working at the oil fields all winter , I can install some things and others not so sure of . Might be a slow pace until Jan.
But in the meantime, we can train until all the parts arrive :)
Thanks for your imput !

QuadJunkies
11-13-2011, 07:55 PM
BTW... this is for a Black/White 2007 model

01boneless
11-13-2011, 08:01 PM
sounds good bars almost ALL the big racers are running fasst flex or fourpalys but when you dont see them its almost like allways PRO taper :D i like the blingstar bumpers ill get you a pic later . also what are you guys planning on the motor :devil: ??

QuadJunkies
11-13-2011, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by 01boneless
sounds good bars almost ALL the big racers are running fasst flex or fourpalys but when you dont see them its almost like allways PRO taper :D i like the blingstar bumpers ill get you a pic later . also what are you guys planning on the motor :devil: ?? Sorry, my bad.. type O.. should have said NERF BARS. Ill fix that .lol
Flexx bars will be on the quad. :)
This build will be a little simpler (no PC this time and no motor work ) were taking a break from built motors for abit. My son is only 14 ( will be 15 when he races it in WORCS) so stock motor is all he needs.
HMF is our pipe sponsor .we ran the Comp 4 pipes on our LTR and Raptor 250 and was very pleased.
Most likely a gussett kit as well once he gets used to it.
I know when we had our 06 the starter had to be warrentied as well as the frame. Did they correct in the 07 ?

QuadJunkies
11-13-2011, 08:46 PM
I have the DC bumper on my honda and my son actually loved it so that might be a contender...seems fitting since my sons race number is 52. :p

QuadJunkies
11-13-2011, 10:07 PM
Its tough finding what Im looking for ..hmmm...
I kinda liked these styles... :cool:

QuadJunkies
11-13-2011, 10:08 PM
another...

QuadJunkies
11-13-2011, 10:09 PM
This one ^ would only be if avail. in blue instead of Orange . I dig this color scheme though , but of course.. I am partial considering my Quad is Orange . :D

One last one ... its just a link on ebay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DFR-INVASION-GRAPHIC-KIT-BLUE-TRX450R-TRX-450-GRAPHICS-/390336319655?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item5ae1db90a7

I also and going with the DFR panels for the bottom of fenders to protect from boot scuff if they are still avail for the Honda. They work so AWESOME on my Daughters LTR.

01boneless
11-13-2011, 10:34 PM
i like the seconed graphics alot . ive searched threw graphics for DAYS and to tell you the truth the FX metal mulisha is one of my favs lol i like those ^^ tho would look sick in blue imho

kono993
11-14-2011, 07:13 AM
lucky kid wish my parents would hook me up with a new quad haha. anyway cant wait to see it come together.

Balaz_73*00
11-14-2011, 08:05 AM
Rath 44s are super nice. I ran them this year, upgraded from the standard raths and heel guards. I felt much safer, they are big and cover wheel to wheel. Look good too. I had more confidence and no fear of tangling on starts :devil:

QuadJunkies
11-14-2011, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Balaz_73*00
Rath 44s are super nice. I ran them this year, upgraded from the standard raths and heel guards. I felt much safer, they are big and cover wheel to wheel. Look good too. I had more confidence and no fear of tangling on starts :devil: i seen those! Beefy suckers! It is on my "maybe" list. We had the others on my sons but install was a nightmare.

Balaz_73*00
11-14-2011, 01:12 PM
Mine installed fairly easily. Ive only heard of problems when you have a lowered subframe.

eastside 400
11-14-2011, 04:06 PM
every set of raths that i have installed, 44 series, older ones and even non heal guard ones were always a pain to install. the 44's are the worst just because everything is one piece and if its a little off in fabrication and welding it throws the bolts way off at the other end. for the price of their parts i expect a better fit.

Check out FTR powersports for graphics... Ernie will work with you to get you the exact kit you want. He is also offering full wraps for quads now! completely wraps the top and bottom of fenders

Lquad71
11-14-2011, 06:00 PM
I have been running the Pro Armor Revolution Nerf this whole year and no problems at all. The pegs have really good grips and they are a really solid nerf. As for suspension i favor Houser/PEP

QuadJunkies
11-14-2011, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Lquad71
I have been running the Pro Armor Revolution Nerf this whole year and no problems at all. The pegs have really good grips and they are a really solid nerf. As for suspension i favor Houser/PEP
PEP is sweet forsure... but we have had ARSFX Honda before and also done some R&D for them in years past and loved there set up so were leaning that direction same for swing arm and stem.

Ex_Rider43
11-15-2011, 11:51 AM
Im might be able to help you with nerfs , you dont see them a lot and they are the best fitting nerfs you can buy

For the graphics I like E-sticky , and a TLD lucas oil retro theme like I had this year would look great on white plastics i think

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v104/ex_rider52/Photo021-2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v104/ex_rider52/photo108.jpg

trx400Rider
11-15-2011, 09:20 PM
Houser nerfs all the way. pricy, but you wont regret.

Pacheco_450r
11-15-2011, 10:09 PM
You mentioned a chest protector, I am a smaller guy and have always had a hard time getting a good fitting chest protector. I tried on Fox's pro frame size SM/MD and it fit perfect, I had plenty of movement and it fits with a neck brace.

QuadJunkies
11-16-2011, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Ex_Rider43
Im might be able to help you with nerfs , you dont see them a lot and they are the best fitting nerfs you can buy

For the graphics I like E-sticky , and a TLD lucas oil retro theme like I had this year would look great on white plastics i think

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v104/ex_rider52/Photo021-2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v104/ex_rider52/photo108.jpg

Thats a sweet lookin ride ! :cool:

I totally spaced Houser !

Well... we have narrowed down graphics I think... it was tough because theres so many out there now thats way cool but I think this will look good with the plastic...

QuadJunkies
11-16-2011, 12:22 AM
Having trouble attaching this photo. hmm...
wish it printed better .

eastside 400
11-16-2011, 04:40 PM
glad to see you liked the FTR stuff, Ernie is a great guy and really loves the atv/whole MX community. If you do decide to use him let him know I sent you, not sure if it will help you out anymore but atleast he'll know im representing him if that makes any sense.

QuadJunkies
12-26-2011, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by eastside 400
glad to see you liked the FTR stuff, Ernie is a great guy and really loves the atv/whole MX community. If you do decide to use him let him know I sent you, not sure if it will help you out anymore but atleast he'll know im representing him if that makes any sense.

I dont think I seen a graphic he makes I DIDNT like ! :p

Anyonew here have feeback on the Houser Nerf system ?
Im reeeally leaning that direction.Looks like a good product.

If all goes as planned... All Suspension should be here be ready to ship out the end of this week ! :D :blah:

Dave400ex
12-30-2011, 11:48 AM
ArsFX/Exit is a great setup Tina. I'm working on another Dealershow build with that setup again.

I have always had great luck with the Rath nerfs fitting pretty decent. I really like the Rath products.

QuadJunkies
12-30-2011, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Dave400ex
ArsFX/Exit is a great setup Tina. I'm working on another Dealershow build with that setup again.

I have always had great luck with the Rath nerfs fitting pretty decent. I really like the Rath products.
Awesome! Cant wait to see it!
This is our third zbroz build....
Suspension shipped today..
LSR axle as well.
Broke the bank this month with having christmas too lol so nerfs stem pipe and precision stabilizer has to wait for a month. :/
Stoked to see him at least try out the shocks a little next week!

QuadJunkies
12-30-2011, 12:12 PM
We actually had some fitting issues so were seeking a new nerf to try.kinda fun doing something new but i have to say the nerfs held up nicely.

trx400Rider
12-30-2011, 11:07 PM
Im running the houser nerf bars, they are really amazing nerf bars no lie. I wouldnt have any others. the only down side I can think of is the 500$ price tag!

QuadJunkies
12-30-2011, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by trx400Rider
Im running the houser nerf bars, they are really amazing nerf bars no lie. I wouldnt have any others. the only down side I can think of is the 500$ price tag!
Yeah i noticed that too. Lol
:p
Did you have a hard time getting used to the ball? I talked to another worcs rider who did.
How was fit...finish and install? Heard one say they didnt like the nets as well as far as complex on install. Def. Interested in trying these...

QuadJunkies
12-30-2011, 11:17 PM
Do you have any pics to share to how they loom installed?
I like the color selections they have!

trx400Rider
01-02-2012, 09:14 PM
The only problem I ran into with them was the foot brake. I had to space the foot peg about a 1/4 inch in order for the brake to properly function.
other than that, everything was simple. Assemble everything then bolt them up to your frame. I never have owned a set of nerf bars with netted heel guards, but i really do like them. another great thing about these nerfs is you can even remove the heel guards! To me, the ball really didnt take much to getting used to. right off the bat the ride was extremely comfortable. the pegs are extremely wide. they look amazing! They did change the style of them also. I dont think they have the older ones anymore, they looked werid lol. I believe I have the XC version, in black, the only reason I chose them was b/c the mx ones were much wider. But I plan on racing MX haha. I got mine from T&T racing. great people to deal with.
I do have pictures but do not know how to upload them. If you want PM me and I'll send you pictures from my cell phone.

QuadJunkies
01-02-2012, 09:50 PM
Awesome...
Can you email it..? Ill post it. :)
Tntkuna@msn.com

QuadJunkies
01-10-2012, 12:44 PM
Well, things are moving a little slower than we would have liked due to the holidays.. but we have the suspension on and gave it a test this past wk end !
Also installed the LSR axle . We decided to go with the Houser Nerf bars and should have them in a couple weeks.. ordering a stem , bars, bumper and ASV next .

QuadJunkies
01-10-2012, 12:47 PM
things look a little plain right now . lol ;)

QuadJunkies
01-31-2012, 12:22 PM
Graphics are finalized today and is going to print today !
Flexx bars..stem ....skid plate and blingstar bumper all onm ther way

edwardsp&b
01-31-2012, 12:42 PM
Ernie at FTR is the man!!!! Best looking, and thickest graphics made. There is no better than these.
Bryan Kirkland

QuadJunkies
02-03-2012, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by edwardsp&b
Ernie at FTR is the man!!!! Best looking, and thickest graphics made. There is no better than these.
Bryan Kirkland

I cant WAIT to see them installed !
Stems getting installed today... ordered the skid plate from Janssen last week, but hasnt arrived yet ...
Hoping the Flexx bars are gonna ship anyday now as well .

QuadJunkies
02-03-2012, 05:51 PM
Heres a quick snot of the bumper off my phone.. Ill hve better photos when the graphics are installed...

QuadJunkies
02-08-2012, 01:19 PM
Herse a better look at the bumper...
bars will be her tomorrow... graphics today some time ...
still setting up the front end , we ran into a fitting issue thats being resolved sometime next week .

QuadJunkies
02-23-2012, 03:38 PM
got most of the graphics installed today... just have the tank to do .
http://www.pbase.com/quadjunkies/image/141691462.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/quadjunkies/image/141691463.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/quadjunkies/image/141691458.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/quadjunkies/image/141691464.jpg

CAR
03-04-2012, 05:43 PM
I also have a450r and I put the 2012 graphics on it and it looks pretty cool

QuadJunkies
03-28-2012, 06:51 PM
finished

QuadJunkies
03-28-2012, 06:51 PM

01boneless
03-28-2012, 07:16 PM
wow!! looks great!

01boneless
01-09-2013, 10:04 PM
what stem is that?

QuadJunkies
01-10-2013, 09:03 AM
what stem is that?
LSR

QuadJunkies
01-10-2013, 09:06 AM
wow!! looks great!
Thanks !
We liked them so much were adding another set to the back up Honda and it will be red white and black .
Only difference will be its 08 plastic . I know the plastic plastic all fits all models after 06 but for some reason I was thinking the tanks might be different ?

trx400exxracer
01-10-2013, 09:35 AM
Will you be installing a seat cover?

QuadJunkies
01-10-2013, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by trx400exxracer
Will you be installing a seat cover?
Yes. Just ran out of time -and money .lol :p
Just had it powdercoated also .

trx400exxracer
01-10-2013, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Yes. Just ran out of time -and money .lol :p
Just had it powdercoated also . Cool! And I just noticed this thread was year old. Lol

QuadJunkies
01-10-2013, 11:17 PM
Yeah but its always a never ending money pit. lol
:p

desratt
01-11-2013, 10:58 AM
Tanks changed in 08.

QuadJunkies
01-11-2013, 06:33 PM
I had a hunch. Thanks )