PDA

View Full Version : Put a Lexx pipe on my 400X today

ajw2685
11-12-2011, 06:08 PM
Instead of getting the HMF like I wanted to, I cheaped out and got a Lexx slip-on, jets and other accessories for less than the HMF slip-on would have been by itself.

So today we installed the Lexx slip-on and that was EASY. Thanks to the tutorial I found here from 2004exrider!

We used 700* copper RTV on all the joints and instead of a muffler clamp, we used a 2" band clamp from Rocky Mountain (Part # 1230100007). I highly recommend using this over a plain muffler clamp. Plus, it looks factory this way.

We re-jetted it with a 40 pilot and 160 main. The 40 pilot made a huge difference on the cold start. The 160 main was VERY lean. I skipped up to a 168 and it runs much better. I am going to try either a 170 or 172 tomorrow and see how it does. We ran out of light & time tonight to fine tune it. However, with simply putting a 40 & 168 in it, I can NOT keep the front end down in 1st and 2nd!

My review of the Lexx slip-on is as follows:

1. Very affordable compared to others when you look at everything that is included and the accessories you can purchase

2. Install was EXTREMELY easy

3. With the 46MM race tip, it is LOUD. Much, much too loud

4. With the 34MM tip, it is just LOUD.

5. With the quiet core spark arrestor installed, it is almost just right. I noticed zero loss of power with this installed versus the 34MM or 46MM.

01boneless
11-12-2011, 06:58 PM
nice little write up :cool:

CJM
11-12-2011, 10:39 PM
Ive been quite happy with mine, I run the 46mm race tip. I also welded on a section of 2" car exhaust pipe so I could do without the stupid collar they have. I then cut vertical slats into the midpipe on the lexx to make sure it could get tight. Works quite well.

I also found a band clamp finally, back in the day rocky mtn didnt sell those.