PDA

View Full Version : drr50 kombat torque pipe

fultz416ex
11-12-2011, 01:36 PM
i just bought the new kombat torque pipe from g-force. fit was great, but it looks like I have to cut out the battery box in the plastic. is this common on the drr 50? Thanks, Travis

fomospede
11-12-2011, 02:42 PM
for pipes with a large expansion chamber it will need cut
gary sells a narrow battery or just kick it started

asadad00
11-12-2011, 08:26 PM
we have tried several different pipes on our drr 50 but didn't have to cut the battery box so maybe they sent the wrong one for your 50.

fultz416ex
11-12-2011, 11:10 PM
I went ahead and cut it out. It is tucked pretty high up in the frame. Thanks

Christiansdad
11-15-2011, 07:21 PM
heck yea cutt it out:) We have the same pipe on our apex and the entire place for the battery(which use to hold one) is gone to get that tight fit right. Its a close fit, when its breaking down towards the silencer. Almost have a half inch from the frame to the pipe, but love the power this pipe makes....i wonder how the rev pipe they are coming out with is gona compare to the torque pipe.

fultz416ex
11-16-2011, 10:37 AM
is it common for the pipe to still have some play in it with the hanger tight? the springs are installed and everything is tight, but the pipe still moves a little. Thanks, Travis.

Christiansdad
11-16-2011, 07:45 PM
everything is pretty tight on ours...they might be a little play if i shake it hard enofe ..the bracket bolt that tightens the silencer down is facing the left (not the right) if your standing from behind the quad right...the only thing is make sure the springs pulled the pipe up all the way then tighten down on the bracket....i did it the other way when i first got the pipe in...(to excited) or my son was..lol and it had alot of play until i fixed it:p

fomospede
11-16-2011, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by fultz416ex
is it common for the pipe to still have some play in it with the hanger tight? the springs are installed and everything is tight, but the pipe still moves a little. Thanks, Travis.

I'm sure that play is needed
When your riding the quad everything is moving some and a little movement on the exhaust helps it not break

fultz416ex
11-17-2011, 01:32 AM
Thanks to all. You have been a big help with everything. These 50's can be troubling at times! lol