PDA

View Full Version : PCV lines

turboga16
11-12-2011, 09:13 AM
While i was racing all of the sudden my quad started smoking. and found oil coming out of one of the pcv lines. oil was all over my carb and leg and exhaust. theres a T that i understand does not have to be there nor does the lines to the airbox. Does anyone have a pic or can tell me excatly what to get rid of. thanks

01boneless
11-12-2011, 11:53 AM
lol i dont know why u think they need to be removed :huh those are blow by hoses to tell when you need rings or even worse a bore and piston job. (blow by) oil is pasing into the hose and that is suppsoed to tell u something, also your quad smoking is another sign of needing rings and having blow by :scary: imho you should start a topend rebuild

turboga16
11-12-2011, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by turboga16
While i was racing all of the sudden my quad started smoking. and found oil coming out of one of the pcv lines. oil was all over my carb and leg and exhaust. theres a T that i understand does not have to be there nor does the lines to the airbox. Does anyone have a pic or can tell me excatly what to get rid of. thanks Why do i waste my time with posting in forums if people cant even clearly read.... oil simply came out out a pcv system which is connected to the engine with oil in it where its possible oil can get into pcv lines especially in race conditions. One of the lines was i lil miplaced and touching the exhaust yet did not clog or burn through. this is the line coming off the head on the gearshift side. And no smoke is coming from the pipe...

01boneless
11-12-2011, 02:40 PM
maybe next time youl explain better and you wont get a false advise:blah:

DnB_racing
11-12-2011, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by turboga16
Why do i waste my time with posting in forums if people cant even clearly read.... oil simply came out out a pcv system which is connected to the engine with oil in it where its possible oil can get into pcv lines especially in race conditions. One of the lines was i lil miplaced and touching the exhaust yet did not clog or burn through. this is the line coming off the head on the gearshift side. And no smoke is coming from the pipe... the question is why do you waste your time flaming someone trying to help,

if your not happy with an answer, be a little more polite and you will find that you will get better responses

as long as the lines are run properly and not lower then the oil level,oil wont just wont "simply" come out these lines unless its overfull, or somehow your pressurizing it from a problem like bonelesss said,

quads dont have a positive crankcase breather valve, they have a reed, in the crank, the lines are the breather, if it just a little oil then its from being too full, if oil is every were then you have internal problems

Baileygunns
11-12-2011, 06:24 PM
I'm with DnB...

Check your crank seals

01boneless
11-12-2011, 06:53 PM
^^ neaner , neaner see boneless isent dumb all the time :blah: you owe me some bon bons !!!!! :devil:

DnB_racing
11-12-2011, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by 01boneless
^^ neaner , neaner see boneless isent dumb all the time :blah: you owe me some bon bons !!!!! :devil: dont push it!! even a broken clock is right twice a day

01boneless
11-12-2011, 07:01 PM
^^ haha true true but im alot more engine smarter than i used to be simply because i own old hondas. :devil:

BTW u dont owe me bon bons the op does haha TWO WORDS valve guides!!! haha