PDA

View Full Version : Socks.... Yep, socks.

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
11-10-2011, 09:47 PM
I just figured I'd throw this out there and anyone that has an input throw it in.

I've always been the person who bought the cheap walmart socks, you know, the 12 pack for like 6 bucks. Well I started a new job that is a lot of walking so I figured I should get some good walking/running style shoes. While I was buying my shoes at Foot Locker they were having a buy one get one half off on socks, so I figured I'd give them a shot. I bought the Nike Performance socks, and while I thought the price was steep, I figured I'd give them a shot as most of my socks seem to ride down my heel and bug the crap out of me. Let me just say, I never thought socks could make that big of a difference in comfort. I've been using these Nike socks for a little over a week and they seriously made a world of difference in comfort. The fit, comfort and quality is just awesome!

If you've ever caught yourself snickering at the "fools" who buy the 3 pack of Nike socks for $12, try them before you knock them. I honestly cannot believe the difference in comfort just socks made.

And off to bed. :D

Also for a reference, I thought the first day there's no way the socks made that big of a difference so I wore my regular socks the next day and yes, the socks really do make the difference.

ben300
11-11-2011, 04:48 AM
Originally posted by YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
I just figured I'd throw this out there and anyone that has an input throw it in.

I've always been the person who bought the cheap walmart socks, you know, the 12 pack for like 6 bucks. Well I started a new job that is a lot of walking so I figured I should get some good walking/running style shoes. While I was buying my shoes at Foot Locker they were having a buy one get one half off on socks, so I figured I'd give them a shot. I bought the Nike Performance socks, and while I thought the price was steep, I figured I'd give them a shot as most of my socks seem to ride down my heel and bug the crap out of me. Let me just say, I never thought socks could make that big of a difference in comfort. I've been using these Nike socks for a little over a week and they seriously made a world of difference in comfort. The fit, comfort and quality is just awesome!

If you've ever caught yourself snickering at the "fools" who buy the 3 pack of Nike socks for $12, try them before you knock them. I honestly cannot believe the difference in comfort just socks made.

And off to bed. :D

Also for a reference, I thought the first day there's no way the socks made that big of a difference so I wore my regular socks the next day and yes, the socks really do make the difference.

i always want to buy them, but id much rather take tht money and spend it on midget strippers and cheap vodka:devil: ........wait, what?:huh

on a more serious note, for some of the races i run (actual running races...5k's and half mar's) ive bought sock like thorlo's or experias....they can cost up to $30+ depending on which styles you get adn what type of running their for....expensive, yes, but man do they feel amazing when your on a long run!

KXRida
11-11-2011, 06:42 AM
My washer either eats socks or they run away so I buy the cheap ones haha.

ben300
11-11-2011, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by KXRida
My washer either eats socks or they run away so I buy the cheap ones haha.

my washer doesnt do that, but my yellow lab will pick them up and carry them all over the place....im constantly buying new, regular use socks.......i feel your pain

300ex_#387
11-11-2011, 07:54 AM
Maybe your shoes are just more comfortable. I wear the nike socks also but I picked up some cheap ones at walmart and I cant tell a difference at all.

Balaz_73*00
11-11-2011, 11:40 AM
I just about only wear nike, puma, and under armor socks. If I throw on a pair of cheap socks I can sure tell the difference. Im weird like that. Ill stick to my pricey socks.

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
11-11-2011, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by 300ex_#387
Maybe your shoes are just more comfortable. I wear the nike socks also but I picked up some cheap ones at walmart and I cant tell a difference at all.

Read the last part of my post. Lol. I thought that but nope, the socks actually made quite a difference.

HondaPohl
11-11-2011, 03:35 PM
I buy walmart socks but once in a while Ill spring for some good socks. They are thicker hence more comfort.

Honda4life05
11-11-2011, 04:45 PM
I like under armour low cut, I cant stand long socks

buck440
11-11-2011, 04:54 PM
cheap tough long socks because i wear boots. i go through them like crazy because i use them to clean my guns, polish my aluminum parts on my dirtbike, cleaning my dirtbike, oiling my boots and suprisingly quite often to wipe my *** when tp isn't around.

sport socks are too expensive and probably wouldn't hold up.

CJM
11-11-2011, 07:39 PM
I wear a few kinds of socks depending on the shoe/boot I wear and the activity:
1. Standard hanes ankle cut cotton socks. Seemed to have held up just fine over the years, specially when they came out with a tough/reinforced toe/bottom/heel foot section.

2. Wigwam workwear calf socks. When I wear boots or want to keep warmer this is all i wear. they are a bit thicker, but are warmer and have anti smelling somethings or others so they dont stink.

3. When its colder Ill wear either woolrich thick arse wool socks I got from walmart or my 20 dollar smart wool socks. I like wool, my feet tend to sweat and wool stays warm when wet.

4. If its really cold I have thermal sock liners you wear under your socks