PDA

View Full Version : Tusk

mirror_racing
11-10-2011, 06:44 PM
Has anyone ever run parts made by Tusk? Im looking at some new brake set-ups and was wondering If they were any better than factory.

rooster300ex
11-10-2011, 06:49 PM
factory parts are gonna always be good brake wise IMO, but I've used tusk products and have had nothing but good things to say about them. I've used there brake pads,handle bars etc. so.....

Pacheco_450r
11-10-2011, 07:08 PM
I'm running both front and rear steel sprockets from them. They have over a year of hard motos on them and they have held up well. I have a couple friends that run their clutch kit on their Ltr's and got about a year use out of them.

I was told that Rocky Mountain is no longer going to have the g-force axle but it will be replaced with the Tusk axle. It is the exact same in axle since g-force was an in house brand. They are just re-labeling it to match the rest of their products I believe.

mirror_racing
11-10-2011, 07:10 PM
OIC when I used to race back in 06 anyone who ran a G-force axle was shunned lol

CJM
11-10-2011, 07:17 PM
Apparently the g-force axle isnt to strong. IDK I dont race but my quad had one on it when I bought it, never an issue.

As for the rest of tusk stuff, never had an issue.

Tommy Warren
11-10-2011, 07:24 PM
I've never heard of any issues with the G-force its just the cheapest/inexpensive axle so the rich kids think is sucks.....

flint250trx
11-11-2011, 06:30 AM
Im not even the origional owner of my g force axel. I called them and they will still relpace it if it breaks or bends. I have beat the heck out of it and still the only problem is the finish chipping off.

Gforce are great axels IMO!

I have also ran there clutch kits and they work great!

KXRida
11-11-2011, 06:37 AM
I've ran a few of their clutch kits as well. Springs were a little stiff for my likings, but never had an issue with the rest. I ran a few of their sprockets (aluminum) and they didn't last at all. I did run a set of their rotors and pads on an old kx of mine. They were so-so. Not great but not terrible. I've had great luck with braking rotors and ebc pads. I really liked the new renthal pads as well. Worked really good. If you're looking for a good consistent set up get a good set of vented rotors, good pads, and SS lines. Also had a billet gas cap from tusk if that counts.

blacknblue#2
11-11-2011, 07:15 AM
alot of ppl bad mouthed g-force axle only because of their price. I ran one in every quad i raced and couldnt beat them. Im 235 and love big jumps and mine always held up great. In 5 years of racing i only remember bending one and it wasnt junk. I put it in one of my trail quads and ordered a new on for the MX quad. only time you could tell it was bent was when accelerating in the air. It felt like i had a wheel full of dirt.

jigg14
11-11-2011, 09:51 AM
I run tusk brake pads and oil filters. I haven't had a single problem so far.

I have had lonestar axles, RPM axles, and 2 G-Force axles.

I've never bent a G-Force, but I have bent 2 LSRs and one RPM.

The chrome on the G-Force sucks, but that's just cosmetic. Only real complaint I have is the axle nut. They suck, if that issue was fixed I'd run them over anything else.