PDA

View Full Version : Ceramic Bearing ?

chunky0071
11-10-2011, 02:08 PM
Just looking to see if every body uses them in the tranny and wheels? Tearing ours down to build and was going to put the goodies to it!

chunky0071
11-12-2011, 07:35 AM
Nobody uses Hybrid Ceramic bearings?

asadad00
11-12-2011, 08:34 PM
spent hundreds and tried them but didn't see any performance difference but maybe you will have BETTER LUCK. My engine guy claims if your running over 15000 rpm they are good for your crank bearings .

heepers
11-13-2011, 01:43 PM
we use them for crank bearings,they work awsome.

aarond
11-13-2011, 02:14 PM
it supposed to be a 90% reduction in friction from regular bearings , we used them in the crank, you can tell just how the crank spins when you put them in how much less friction there is .dont think its a horsepower gain ,thinks its a faster rpm gain .any gain is better than no gain in the cvt
classes.

chunky0071
11-13-2011, 03:34 PM
thanks for the replies I was just looking to make sure there had been no problems with them . NOt looking for more power just efficiency. Thanks think I will order a set and try them out.

Ride1Rob
11-14-2011, 05:36 AM
We ride dirtbikes but there was some discussion in the ktm forum about these bearings. Basically the money spent for the minimal gains it was said they weren't really worth it to put them in. Then there were also discussions concerning issues of premature wear. Some swear by them and some say its wasted money :ermm:

fastrnrik
11-14-2011, 06:59 AM
Here's my $.02....

If you want the tranny to have less drag, install a DC tranny cover and run a lighter weight oil

If you want less rolling resistance, make sure your calipers and slides are clean and working properly, and your brakes are bled out good, and not dragging. Make sure front hub nuts & axle nuts are not too tight and your chain adjustment is not too tight. Make sure your hub and axle carrier bearings are in good shape, especially the axle carrier. They're cheap and we change them often. These things have a huge effect on rolling resistance and drag on the wheels, more so than standard bearings vs ceramics.

I have all ceramics in one of our bikes- hubs, axle, wheels, trans, crank. I invite you to put it side by side with one of our other bikes and see if you can tell a difference- I promise you can't.

We do use ceramic crank bearing in all of our bikes though, because as was mentioned above, it "may" help it turn up just a smidge quicker. Or maybe not. It's probably all mental LOL.

My advice is save the SEVERAL hundred bucks that all those ceramics cost and spend it on something that's actually useful.

Good Luck