PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever heard of Parts Depot in Cali?

wes350x
11-09-2011, 05:29 PM
More specifically has anyone had a motor done by them?

dabeechman
11-09-2011, 06:32 PM
That is Trinity Racing under an alias.

I'd avoid them if I were you.

wes350x
11-09-2011, 06:33 PM
Thank you!

danhung11
11-09-2011, 06:45 PM
You getting ready to pull the trigger? :D

wes350x
11-09-2011, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by danhung11
You getting ready to pull the trigger? :D

Wow..they that bad?

danhung11
11-09-2011, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by wes350x
Wow..they that bad?

I did not mean anything negative by my comment. I was curious, and also was in the market for a CPI topend. Time to try another topend. I've had ProX and DRI's, figured CPI was next. My bad. I'd be interested in hearing why dabeechman made that comment. You can't go wrong buying new on eBay, since it's so protected to buyers in my opinion.

wes350x
11-09-2011, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by danhung11
I did not mean anything negative by my comment. I was curious, and also was in the market for a CPI topend. Time to try another topend. I've had ProX and DRI's, figured CPI was next. My bad. I'd be interested in hearing why dabeechman made that comment. You can't go wrong buying new on eBay, since it's so protected to buyers in my opinion.

Oh, I'm in the market for a sphynx build..the price that I was quoted for a build was great and was wondering how good are they...especially at builds. If I'm sinking this much money in a motor I'd like it to be done right the first time. I really haven't heard too may good things about trinity and 2 strokes.....but man that price....lol

dabeechman
11-09-2011, 07:11 PM
I said what I did because they are terrible at building motors. It's mass produced and if you are buying a motor for what I presume is more horsepower, you're going to want to go to somebody who actually knows how to make it.

Trinity is decent if you need something quick and better than stock. But if you want something fast, reliable, and specialized customer service, you're better off doing a little research on what you want and going with a reputable builder.

wes350x
11-09-2011, 07:14 PM
Ya that's what I'm afraid of...just another motor build to them and that's it...not really what I want. Does anyone know of any builder doing things with the new sphynx cylinders? I've called LED and man he's expensive...

danhung11
11-09-2011, 07:17 PM
I know it, can't beat that price. I'm looking forward to hearing some feedback on the thread that derby started. Seemed like he was picking one up soon.

wes350x
11-09-2011, 07:20 PM
He is...and we are talking about it..but the price was a mis-print on parts depots side so they quoted me that today and when I was on the phone with him he called Calvin at CPI and noticed the price was wrong....but he's gonna honor that price which is great...Calvin said he is casting some sphynx cylinders in 2 weeks.

danhung11
11-09-2011, 07:29 PM
If its just the package kit, is Trinity doing anything to them? The auctions are still active, same prices. I'm sure there a quite a few builders that will make you happy with a quality build.

I meant no disrespect dabeechman, just curious that's all.

wes350x
11-09-2011, 07:41 PM
I was quoted for the build, polish outside of cylinder, stg 3 porting (mid-high), nickasil, everything....I kept asking him if they will actually measure the squish...uccr...etc and he said of course!

dabeechman
11-09-2011, 07:47 PM
No disrespect taken Dan.

Two of Trinity's biggest downfalls is their combustion (which is some of the worst I've seen), and their port work leaves a lot to be desired.

I haven't looked at their prices, but if they are that cheap you can always pick the parts up from them and have a better, more knowledgeable company cut the dome and touch up the port work.

sangheraent
11-09-2011, 09:15 PM
oh Trinity, No matter what forum I go on its so difficult to find positive reviews on them.

wes350x
11-10-2011, 05:10 PM
Sphynx 78mm ordered....no plating and unported. Will be about 3 weeks before I get it though..CPI has to cast them.

Dan, prices changed for them on eBay now.

daveciak
11-10-2011, 05:29 PM
wes...I am having a sphinx built by FTZ right now. Dennis is also building a pipe for it for me. The pipe is done ,the cylinder has been ported and he is just waiting for it to come back from the nikasil plater. I'll let you know how it runs when I get it or you can come a check it out. I live near LSU in Baton Rouge

wes350x
11-10-2011, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by daveciak
wes...I am having a sphinx built by FTZ right now. Dennis is also building a pipe for it for me. The pipe is done ,the cylinder has been ported and he is just waiting for it to come back from the nikasil plater. I'll let you know how it runs when I get it or you can come a check it out. I live near LSU in Baton Rouge

Good luck with FTZ. I Didn't have the best experience or build from them...I'd Dennis building an inframe?

daveciak
11-10-2011, 06:47 PM
yea . he built a in frame for me and is doing the portwork on the cylinder. my buddy in north carolina is actually putting it together. He has had a ton of top ends from them with good exp. As much as I have wrapped up into this Roll Lobo build the last thing I need is a less than stellar motor

quadfmx
11-11-2011, 10:24 PM
if u dont mind what did led qoute u on the spinx

was it a PV or PV w/ blockoff or standard,
what cc was it, was he going to go through the bottom end also.
I have been considering the same engine builder as you arlan at led

wes350x
11-12-2011, 06:07 AM
Originally posted by quadfmx
if u dont mind what did led qoute u on the spinx

was it a PV or PV w/ blockoff or standard,
what cc was it, was he going to go through the bottom end also.
I have been considering the same engine builder as you arlan at led

Arlan gave me an estimate of 25-2800 pipe included. That's not touching the bottom end.