PDA

View Full Version : new engine quetions

2002TRX400ex
11-09-2011, 05:23 PM
Hi everyone, just ordered a stroker crank from hot rods new bearings and a big bore kit with stock compresion, going to get the head ported and polished doing oil mod. I have the cam mod done zip tie mod and run a gytr stainless slip on. I need to buy a head pipe - What do you recommend for that and should i be able to get the stock carb jetted or will i have to buy after market?
Right now im 175 or 178 2nd clip on needle a 35 leak jet 21/2 turns out on fuel screw and the pilot i think is 45 or 48 not sure. Anything else that you would recommend im in western pa elevation unknown. Thanks alot.

Kovatch
11-10-2011, 10:54 AM
A stroker, bb, port, & cams will produce a lot of exhaust that most "normal" pipes may not handle properly. You will most likely need a stepped piped custom made.

Change the jet out and you should have it. A bigger carb wouldn't hurt, but not required.

2002TRX400ex
11-10-2011, 06:00 PM
ok sounds good but i am not doing anything with the cams staying with the stock ones just have cam mod i do a fair amount of trail riding and dont want over heating problems getting stuck behind someone. Was looking at the FMF power cores or the gytr aftermarket cause i know it will work with my silencer whats your opinion i know with cams you can the way the intake and exhaust operate but i think the gytr will work. and i noticed that your from painsville oh there is a company around there that i am getting the bb kit from, also im going with a CP piston from what ive read everyone likes them.

Kovatch
11-14-2011, 09:33 AM
CP is a good piston. I have read many good reviews as well as had good experience with it.

Which company are you buying from? Cometic Gasket and Wiseco are 10 minutes from me. Both sell products for a big bore, but drawing a blank elsewhere.

2002TRX400ex
11-14-2011, 06:02 PM
i believe its called advanced sleeve in Painsville.

Kovatch
11-15-2011, 08:10 AM
Ahh yes. They are under the same roof as Cometic.

2002TRX400ex
11-15-2011, 05:19 PM
Yup thats them hoping to see it the end of this week but just sent out the clutch case cover for the oil mod today so looking like two more weeks for it to be all finished up. Im hoping for a very noticable difference!!