PDA

View Full Version : MX Tires?

mirror_racing
11-09-2011, 04:20 PM
What Motocross tires are ruling the market now? I have been out for a while but used to love my Holeshot MXR4's

Kovatch
11-10-2011, 10:38 AM
Goldspeeds seem to be the most popular tire at the Nationals, but are expensive. Goldspeed SX fronts w/ the MXR2 in the back. Maxxis/Hooiser/DWT all make the same trade pattern as the Goldspeed SX. I have run the Maxxis version (RazrCross) and they wear better than Goldspeeds for about $25 less a tire.

ITP MXR6 still seem to wear fast on MX tracks, but I have seen good longevity with their new Quadcross tires. They are extremely light if you get the Quadcross Pro Lites. EXTREMELY LIGHT.

I still think the best tire is/was the Razr MX rear. They never seem to wear out and still provide decent traction. Many tires are coming with outside nobs turned at 45* to increase slide control and traction coming out of the corners: Goldspeed MXR2 & RazrCrosses.

Quad723
11-10-2011, 05:27 PM
when i run indoors i really like the maxxis razr mx, but i have really found that the itp mxr6 hook up really well outdoors in loose dirt, but they wear out very quickly.

kbass24emtp
11-17-2011, 10:36 PM
I really like my Goldspeed. Had RazrCross, fronts were great, but the rear would not hook up on anything other thana tilled track. Any hardpack and they just spin. The Goldspeed are pricy, but worth it to me. I'll keep using them.

jigg14
11-18-2011, 10:08 AM
From what I've seen the Goldspeeds wear out super fast.

I ran a set of Hoosier fronts and they were awesome.

I'm currently running the GBC Bombsquad MX tires and I love them. Their a bit pricey, but they wear great and hook up and turn awesome. I feel like they're worth the money.

BlaineKaiser450
11-26-2011, 09:58 PM
The best front tires for me were the Maxxis Razr Cross and on the rear I never rode anything better than the yellow label Razr Mx but the ITP Quadcross rears were pretty good aswell. I didn't like mxr6s that much

mxblaster14
11-28-2011, 03:22 AM
i run yellow gold speed sx on the front of my blaster there great, pricey but worth it