PDA

View Full Version : KTM no link shock used on a 250R?

quadfmx
11-09-2011, 01:18 PM
I am asking not telling I have done it,
I dont see why if the shock is the correct length and has the correct eyelet why it could not be done,

has anyone tried this, there is only one shock KTM used it could be done with, I can rem which one now,

but i was just wanting opinions

mx91a
11-09-2011, 01:57 PM
It may work if you have a no-link swing arm but won't with stock linkage. Also the reservoir may hit the frame assuming it is a piggyback type.

RyanWsly
11-09-2011, 04:15 PM
placement/angle of the shock is where the problem may be. Shocks do weird things if they are positioned incorrectly. If you want a no-link setup you can run a Roll Design for sure & I think a Lonestar will work also, both will need the correct shock. If you are talking about putting swing arm and all on it you would need to compare the upper shock mount on the frame in relation to the swing arm pivot. Not saying it couldn't be made to work if it was off, just guessing the valving and spring rate would be way off for starters.

sameltoe
11-09-2011, 05:33 PM
Clear your pm's...
Or call/text...

rollie
11-09-2011, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by quadfmx
I am asking not telling I have done it,
I dont see why if the shock is the correct length and has the correct eyelet why it could not be done,

has anyone tried this, there is only one shock KTM used it could be done with, I can rem which one now,

but i was just wanting opinions

there is ALOT more to a shock working correctly than length and eyelet size.

Higgy87TRX425
11-09-2011, 06:51 PM
I bought a PEP Shock off of a KTM Quad to use on my Roll Lobo. I first called Baldwin to make sure it would work! I also got in touch with Roll to make sure that the shock had the right amount of shaft travel. The overall length was correct the travel was correct, but I had it revalved for my weight and also had to change the bushing at the top and bottom of the shock. So yes it can be done, you just have to take ur measurements if you wanna make sure its gonna work properly. I just got done doing the same thing on a set of AXIS Pro-Air shocks that I'm gonna be putting on the front of my LRD Build. Its gonna be sick!!! Thanks Higgy!!

quadfmx
11-10-2011, 05:33 PM
so r u happy with the ohlins KTM shock

Higgy87TRX425
11-10-2011, 08:16 PM
Actually the rear shock that I ended up buying was a PEP no-link rear shock off of a KTM Quad. I was very happy after I had it set up for my weight and ridding conditons in the dunes. Like I was before you need to take into account the weight the shock is set up for, make sure the overall length of the shock is correct as long as the travel that the shaft of the shock makes. Do ur homework calling whoever need be to make sure that the shock will fit ur applications and work properly as it should for ur ridding conditions. Cheap can get u into trouble!!!! Which I've found out the hard way a few times now! Somewtimes it worth it to just to spend the extra dough on something that you'll know you're gonna be really happy with for years to come!! Thanks Higgy!