PDA

View Full Version : Ebay...returns...wtf

SRH
11-08-2011, 10:43 PM
I sold a exhasut for a 88-89 kx 125..buyer recieved it leaves positive feedback...next day says he wants to return it , say it wont fit his 91-92 kx 125...no where in my ad does it say it will fit that bike or even have 91-92

i have a 3 day return policy

i stipulate in the description a policy

it says in highlighted words that fitment is solely the buyers responsibility , and no returns will be accepted under the grounds it will not fit a model different than the one i stated it was removed from

problem i can see is

if i dont accept the return ...even tho he left me positive feedback he can still open a case ...i have a feedback score of 170 ...im a top rated seller / power seller...this is actually more valuable than fighting the return..he must pay the return shipping and ive made it a fairly pain in the *** process for him....with a low feedback score of 170 a opened case will greatly affect me...i assumed its probably not worth chancing

i was curious if i can take any action prior to him opening a case or me having to accept the return to block him opening a case....

ebay is a ***** for sellers from what ive seen

as far as i can tell my hands are tied since i do have a 3day return policy...a return policy is pretty much necessary from what i can tell as distrusting as buyers can be

whats you guys take on this situation..

worse yet he says it wont fit ...then states its in the same shape has never been installed..am i missing something?
also can a buyer go back and change his positive feedback to negative?

slightlybent47
11-09-2011, 12:34 AM
I would tell the buyer to take a flying leap! Ebay selling is never going to be 100% positive if you sell a lot of stuff. Don’t let your fear of having a lower feed back dictate a refund. Stand your ground and let the chips fall where they may. If your feed back gets to low just open a new account.

CJM
11-09-2011, 05:14 AM
When he opens the case up and ebay gets involved they probably will side with you due to the fact of your return description and the fact he cant read the ads description since its not for his year bike.

SRH
11-09-2011, 12:43 PM
he already left feedback so its not that so much im concerned with as having a open case which counts against me i believe...unfortunately it seems ebay treats the sellers as slaves almost forced to please every yahoo with a problem to increase traffic ,good sellers are just collateral damage im guessing

mxpimp2000
11-09-2011, 02:12 PM
If you tell ebay exactly wat you told us then theres no way they can rule it buyer wins. Ive been in this shape and ive got 175 positive feedback and 0 negative and ive been in this shape where the buyer wanted to be a PITA so i explained it to ebay and i won the case

fastredrider44
11-09-2011, 02:29 PM
Here's some reading for ya when you get bored. It's what I thought of when I saw this thread.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=468878&highlight=ebay+return

chucked
11-09-2011, 06:40 PM
How much was the part? I'm all for saying screw the guy, but if its only a couple of bucks I'd just let the dude return it.

SRH
11-11-2011, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by chucked
How much was the part? I'm all for saying screw the guy, but if its only a couple of bucks I'd just let the dude return it.

its $100 he actually hasnt contacted me back since i messaged him asking how he could buy something for the wrong bike , have read our return policy and ask to return it with a clear conscience.

it blows my mind how ppl think

Jblazin98
11-11-2011, 08:13 PM
same thing happend to me..I sold a guy front husky mud flaps for a S-10 ZR2. they were in excellent shape, never on my truck. But my wife threw the box away so I had to use just a regular box that said made in china on it. well the guy got them and he flipped **** saying that I described them wrong in the auction and that they were from china. I tried to explain to him that the box was not for the part, but he didnt understand it. So ebay made me refund him...Total BS....I dont sell anything on there anymore..too much hassle

SRH
11-12-2011, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Jblazin98
same thing happend to me..I sold a guy front husky mud flaps for a S-10 ZR2. they were in excellent shape, never on my truck. But my wife threw the box away so I had to use just a regular box that said made in china on it. well the guy got them and he flipped **** saying that I described them wrong in the auction and that they were from china. I tried to explain to him that the box was not for the part, but he didnt understand it. So ebay made me refund him...Total BS....I dont sell anything on there anymore..too much hassle

did you click new...or new other? one indicates may not use original packaging

i like ebay...but damn they make it hard to sell...it would be so easy to get a poor feedback rating for just doing the right thing