PDA

View Full Version : 90cc braking down at high rpm

madnoodle
11-08-2011, 05:08 PM
wheeler runs great till half throttle then starts to break down only at consistant full throttle. out of the hole its fine i read that it may be coil ground.any suggestions.thank you

selbygirl
11-08-2011, 05:48 PM
if its stock ignition. check your factory conection the one going to the coil and to the cdi box . we always hard wired ours.. check your plug wire cut a 1/4 inch off both ends and put back together and make shore the plug wire cap is making good contact to plug.i zip tie all our caps to the spark plug.and look inside the plug cap and see if it is dirty.and you can bypass your kill switch to see if thats yor problem .. and weak shoe springs will feel like a electrical problem . and run a ground wire from your frame to the engine... and if the weather is getting colder you may want to change your main jet to a little bit fatter. your plug should be a brown color. and yo can check for air leaks around yor intake allso spray some carb cleaner aruond intake while running and see if the rmps rise ... and on and on good luck tommy

madnoodle
11-08-2011, 09:34 PM
thank you very much i will try all of it all new to me.rich