PDA

View Full Version : has anyone seen this

kfx450
11-08-2011, 08:30 AM
http://adrenalinpedstop.blogspot.com/2011/05/athenas-innovative-new-power-valve.html

cant wait to see what will happen when something like this comes out for our style minarelli motors. not sure if you can make the am6 cylinder fit?

Hetrick Racing
11-09-2011, 06:15 AM
Look at the new cobra 90 motor this year .
Thats what they are running on the 012 stuff as a proto type or at least something very close made by athena

Christiansdad
11-09-2011, 07:29 AM
power valves have been out for ever...but never seen that design before and much less anything under a 125cc 2 stroke...i was thinking of fuel injection of being the next big thing...how much will the cylinder kit cost

selbygirl
11-09-2011, 04:07 PM
i heard power valves gives you more bottom and mid power losing your top end power

Hetrick Racing
11-10-2011, 06:13 AM
The way a power valve works is actually simple
There is some type of mechanical moving valve whether it is geometric or spring or even vacuum and electrical solenoids that controls the valve.
\Anyway the valve in its normal position restricts or lowers exhaust port timing.
When the engine revs the valve moves out of the way allowing the port to open more hence giving it more top end.
The movement is pre calibrated but calibration is done usually buy a mathematical solution, so it is what we refer to as an educated guess.
So in theory a PV engine is the best of all engine speeds.
Does it work?
People have been debating that for years.
On the larger displacement engines the engine rpm is more consistent making the calibration equation easier.
Now this in turn is for an A class 250 riders.
When the rider is also more consistent the power valve can react properly giving the engine absolute efficiency.
When you put this on even the 85 and smaller engines it is a matter of preference
In my opinion,of course