PDA

View Full Version : transmission noise

ride 300
02-26-2003, 12:39 PM
My transmission makes a clicking noise in second gear. People have told me that I have a sheared tooth on my 2nd gear sprocket. I want to know how much this would cost me to fix and how hard it would be to fix it myself. Thanks for the help.

Bill Fuller
02-26-2003, 09:33 PM
If you even think it's in the tranny stop running it !!!The cost of one gear is better than the whole bottem end.The rebuild isn't that bad just take your time and make sure to put eveything back in.Buy a manual or use a digital camera for referance pics.This is a common problem I have asked in another forum about stronger gears from after market but have gotten no replies:mad:

4TraxRider
02-28-2003, 01:06 AM
Make sure you don't run it with a chipped tooth or anything. It'll be better to have it checked out and not ride for a little than be out $1000 for a new tranny.

stroked300ex
03-20-2003, 03:17 PM
man.. looks like its bad.. lol just playin man all u need to do is get a manual for your quad.. its soo easy.. just do what it tells you and u will be done in no time.. PM me some time and i will send u a copy of how to change 300ex gears.. i have a 98 ex.. mine has never done that before.. but prolly u need another 2nd gear.. while ur in there.. REGEAR! Lol.. make it go 90 or something haha