PDA

View Full Version : Penn State Sex Scandal!

woodsman250r
11-07-2011, 12:32 PM
Well it looks like Penn State has a scandal on their hands about 100x's worse than OSU did last year, and could force Joe Pa out the door. This is great news because OSU needs PSU to lose some games so we can play for the Big 10 title this year. And I see they are asking anyone who was sexually assulted to please come forward and speak to authorities. So, Tommy17 I'm asking you to go forward and share your story so Penn State can get slapped down by the NCAA and OSU plays for a Big 10 title! We all know you probably volunteered for those locker room visits because of how much you love Penn State, but help us out either way!

Read about it all right here!

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7203566/penn-state-nittany-lions-sex-abuse-case-state-official-says-alleged-victims-come-forward

GO BUCKS :devil:

HondaPohl
11-07-2011, 01:36 PM
I'm glad your happy that kids were molested so your ****ty football team can win some games. JO.

jcv400ex
11-07-2011, 04:08 PM
Mike mcqueary will be the fall guy....and OSU it was players, this was one coach. It'dtake mote than use loosing for OSU to get to the big 10 championship game! WE WILL BE IN INDY!!!

motochamp250
11-07-2011, 05:41 PM
hope they do make it... nothing like watching THE ohio state university choke in another big game :rolleyes:

but really, the football games is the last of the concerns in this issue... bad bad thing altogether imo..

OldGuyonaQuad
11-08-2011, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by woodsman250r
Well it looks like Penn State has a scandal on their hands about 100x's worse than OSU did last year, and could force Joe Pa out the door. This is great news because OSU needs PSU to lose some games so we can play for the Big 10 title this year. And I see they are asking anyone who was sexually assulted to please come forward and speak to authorities. So, Tommy17 I'm asking you to go forward and share your story so Penn State can get slapped down by the NCAA and OSU plays for a Big 10 title! We all know you probably volunteered for those locker room visits because of how much you love Penn State, but help us out either way!

Read about it all right here!

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7203566/penn-state-nittany-lions-sex-abuse-case-state-official-says-alleged-victims-come-forward

Penn State hasn't done jack since joining the big 10 and even with it being watered down the nittnay lions were not a threat.

Anything other then compassion and sympathy for those attacked trivializes and down plays the severerity of what happened. I like Joe, but if he is 1/2 the humanitarian he is perceived to be, he picks up the phone and calls the Police. It's such a shame that this class act will have to go out like this and have Sanduskey drag down his legacy.

This guy continued to operate from his campus office for over seven years after being releived from his position. How does this happen?

Heart breaks for the kids and families affected.

tt racer
11-08-2011, 04:10 PM
This is sad and sick. This is beyond football im a diehard OSU and have lost respect for Joe i never in a million years could have imagined this. I always looked up to this man but no more. I feel for the kids. Nobody can argue Joe should have done anything in his power to make sure justice was served and that would include the POLICE!

tt racer
11-08-2011, 04:18 PM
Yes i realize Joe is free of wrong doing but this was his friend. If my friend was messin with boys im callin the police and hopefully they get there before i get to him!

mjc597
11-08-2011, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by woodsman250r
share your story so Penn State can get slapped down by the NCAA

Aside from the obvious allegations against the university..they haven't violated NCAA rules as far as a football standpoint..obviously i'm sure the ncaa will be involved...but this is more of a morals kinda thing...goes above playing football and getting fined for reasons like that..

Tommy Warren
11-08-2011, 06:04 PM
aren't footballs and sex scandals in your constitution?

OldGuyonaQuad
11-08-2011, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren
aren't footballs and sex scandals in your constitution?

Yep both are with a note between them about providing free defense to our northern critics. <:0)

tt racer
11-08-2011, 07:21 PM
Very nice...i just heard on BTN Joe prob wont be coaching anymore and he has not been notified yet. Wow PSU thats respect!

Tommy Warren
11-08-2011, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by OldGuyonaQuad
Yep both are with a note between them about providing free defense to our northern critics. <:0)

lol yeh thanks for helping us go to war after they crashed planes into our twin towers...oh wait:devil:

ben300
11-09-2011, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by tt racer
Very nice...i just heard on BTN Joe prob wont be coaching anymore and he has not been notified yet. Wow PSU thats respect!

true but not true....

as a pennstate alum, and problaby one of the most rabid pennstate fans you will ever meet, this whole scandal truly sadens, disgusts, and angers me.....your heart, thoughts, and prayers have to go out to the victims and the families of these victims..

..it truly a shocker that this could happen at such a respected university and could implicate such a respected person. Paterno has been a moral compass for thousands of people of the decades and for this to come out and implicate him, essentially ending his storied career, its truly shocking and dishearting at the same time.

but back to the true and not true.....its true that joe is done (and honestly...its about time)...i honesetly doubt that they have released him of his job yet, but I would definitely not be surprised if it comes by the end of today, if not by the end of the week.....the board of trustees are basically determining the best way possible to handel this situation and his departure.......

woodsman250r
11-09-2011, 07:14 AM
This is probably the most disturbing and shameful scandal to hit NCAA football in a long long time, if not the worst to ever happen. Sad thing is that it doesn't involve cheating, tattoos, players being given gifts, ect, but rather the innocence of children. The OSU scandal is one thing, but this is on a complete different level. I can only hope that all those that were directly involved with this suffer the full extent of the law, and have to live in shame knowing their crimes. Winning football games and being a coaching icon takes a back seat to these allegations. I always had the highest respect for Joe Pa, but that has faded. I never thought this is how Joe Pa would make his exit, but he decided this fate years ago by never bringing this to justice. Prayers go out to the victims and their families, and I hope time will slowly heal these events for the families, fans, students and alumni.

quad2xtreme
11-09-2011, 08:47 AM
I am no passing judgment on Paterno because at this point you don't know what else was happening behind the scenes. Given his employment was with the university, it might not be as simple as "well then I am calling the police myself". He informed university officials and that really made them responsible. From a legal perspective and financial perspective, there may have been reasons not to bring in the police.

I am sure everyone knows girls are raped at universities on a regular basis and regular law enforcement is not contacted by the universities. The Dean knows about it and all.

At first review, you can hold Joe responsible but I think it is a bit of a scapegoat maneuver. I don't think he tried to protect his friend. He did go to his bosses and notify them. He may found himself out of a job if he started to take his own actions and in contract violation himself, etc.

Just another perspective. I am not a loyal Penn State fan nor did I go to college there either.

woodsman250r
11-09-2011, 09:17 AM
It was just announced that Joe Pa will be stepping down after this season. I never thought coaches like Tressel and Joe Pa would be forced out in these type of manners. I honestly believe that both of these men made mistakes to try and protect others and the universities. I just don't see how Joe Pa could not report child abuse to the authorities. Its a damn shame...a living legend destroyed from the actions of others. And the children who were abused are the biggest victims. They lost a part of them that they can never get back.

quad2xtreme
11-09-2011, 10:08 AM
The thing I find amazing is the interest in this versus a priest doing the same thing in the Catholic church...and the cover ups in the church. This is a scandal with one person at Penn State versus all the priests who have done the same thing.

Child abuse is the worst and especially sexual child abuse. The university will likely get their pants sued off. You have to wonder how many kids wouldn't have gone through this if Joe and/or the university would have done the right thing from the start.

mamaknothead
11-09-2011, 05:43 PM
Only thing I am going to say on this subject is anyone that see's or knows about any child being sexually abused and dosent do anything about it is a scum bag and is no better tha the person doing the abuse. It is our responsibility to protect the weak and helpless and a child is both. No excuses!!!!

They should all be convicted and labled a child sex affender.

tt racer
11-09-2011, 11:35 PM
Ben 300 as i stated Joe is done and should be...he put the University above the kids and allowed this DEVIL to continue his acts BYE Joe no sadness in my heart for anyone who covered this up! Joe thought he could call the shots in his departure and he was dead wrong. That just shows how narrow minded he is:mad: SAD AS HE!!

mx8
11-10-2011, 04:12 AM
I don't keep up with football, or many other sports. I just have better things to do with my time. But anyone who does that to a kid needs shot in the head. And I can't believe that people get so involved with a game, that they have nothing to do with. I have seen fights break out over games, I hear people calling the teams (my team) come on you are nothing to that team, they don't even know you or want to know you. They just want your money. And now in the first post on here that guy said. Wow this is a good thing that happened. Now osu can win some games. What is wrong with this world. Are people really getting that dumb. :rolleyes:

ben300
11-10-2011, 06:21 AM
Ben 300 as i stated Joe is done and should be...he put the University above the kids and allowed this DEVIL to continue his acts BYE Joe no sadness in my heart for anyone who covered this up! Joe thought he could call the shots in his departure and he was dead wrong. That just shows how narrow minded he is:mad: SAD AS HE!!

ya, he really called the shots on his departure all right :rolleyes: .............

quad2xtreme
11-10-2011, 06:30 AM
I like to reserve judgment because there are usually 3 sides to every story. I'd say after careful review the verdict is in. Joe made terrible choices and it is only a shame this didn't come out long ago.

ProspectorJim
11-10-2011, 08:14 AM
I don't understand what the big deal is. I go to penn state mostly so I can touch little boys.

ben300
11-10-2011, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by ProspectorJim
I don't understand what the big deal is. I go to penn state mostly so I can touch little boys.

terrible thing about this commetn is its not funny...especially to the students, facaulty, and alumni at penn state that have absolutely nothing to do with what happend to these boys who were victims, and its absolutley not funny to the victims themselves and anyone else who has ever been a victim of sexual abuse..

1 in 6 boys by the age of 16 have been sexually abused and 1 in 4 girls by the age of 14 have been sexually abused....chances are someone you post with on this forum, or work with, or sit next to school has had this happen to them and are living with it ever single day.......

...also, this just isnt limited to psu...it happens every where, every single day...local highschools, your neighbors home, ymca's, other colleges, church and youthgroup events.....its a sad sad fact of life....its terrible that this abuse was alloud to happen, and its terrible that people turned their backs to it....people like to say that they'd do the right thing in a situation, but chances are you konw someone who has turned a blind eye to abuse, or rape, or anthing like that....

if you ever get a chance and are curious...go to the megans law website adn look for registered sex offenders around your neighbor hood....you may be shocked to see what you find out

OldGuyonaQuad
11-10-2011, 02:42 PM
^^^great post Ben

Dumb *** college students will back any cause. I loved Joe Pa too and admire him for his body of work and the ethics he employed (less this one huge indiscretion) but rallying and rioting on campus to support Joe is like spitting in the faces on those affected.

buck440
11-10-2011, 03:09 PM
it amazes me how people can still support this guy after what he did. a sex offender here would be very unwelcome and chased off. this guy get's more supporters and praise as the days go on. i don't get it.

OldGuyonaQuad
11-10-2011, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by buck440
it amazes me how people can still support this guy after what he did. a sex offender here would be very unwelcome and chased off. this guy get's more supporters and praise as the days go on. i don't get it.

em ok let's not forget Joe is not a sex offender. He was indirectly an enabler though.

Article by Buzz Bissinger that pretty much covers my total disgust.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/11/10/joe-paterno-and-penn-state-s-code-of-omerta-in-the-sex-abuse-scandal.html

buck440
11-10-2011, 04:52 PM
yah i should of read the post lol. i'm talking about the old *** dude:p

tt racer
11-10-2011, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by ben300
ya, he really called the shots on his departure all right :rolleyes: ............. he tried

quad2xtreme
11-11-2011, 05:39 AM
Originally posted by buck440

How many Catholic's are on this site and still drop a dime in the collection plate? That is supporting an entire religion that has and continues to cover up exactly the same thing.

ben300
11-11-2011, 06:03 AM
he tried

key word "tried"....yet it wasnt his decision

OldGuyonaQuad
11-11-2011, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
How many Catholic's are on this site and still drop a dime in the collection plate? That is supporting an entire religion that has and continues to cover up exactly the same thing.
your analog has some merit as in both cases these allegations were handled internally rather then by the proper authorities but on the same token u r punishing an entire religion for the actions of individuals so do I take from this that u will no loner support any college football program?

quad2xtreme
11-11-2011, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by OldGuyonaQuad
your analog has some merit as in both cases these allegations were handled internally rather then by the proper authorities but on the same token u r punishing an entire religion for the actions of individuals so do I take from this that u will no loner support any college football program?

If I were a financial supporter of Penn State, I would have to question my future contributions based on the final outcome (assuming we get to the bottom of it). In any large organization, bad apples will exist and commit crimes. The issue is how it was handled and covered up. I actually don't hold Penn State University to the same standards I would the Catholic church. It is hard to understand any religious organization being involved in covering up child abuse by an employee of that organization. If you can't count on a church being above acts like this...then who can be counted on?

There are two crimes here. Obviously raping a child is the unspeakable. An organization covering it up is nearly as bad. Money is the root of all evil. Best to protect the mighty dollar. Hopefully the publicity of this case will set a precedence that nobody will want to be part of a cover up. Ironic that it is a university football program that is driving the publicity.

And the one difference is the church does not have "internal" police. They do have separation of church and state. In the case of Joe, you could at least argue that this was being handled by the university police. The average person doesn't know the separation of authority. I never really understood why universities could have their own police force in the first place. To me, it is a huge conflict. Campus police cover up rapes all the time.

tt racer
11-11-2011, 09:40 AM
key word "tried"....yet it wasnt his decision Im sorry Ben your not getting it ill clear it up...I thought it was crazy that Joe even thought he could call his own terms as far as coaching till the end of the season. What a joke! IDK if he had 80 yrs of service he turned his head on those kids :mad:

Warnerade
11-11-2011, 10:10 AM
:)

ben300
11-11-2011, 10:50 AM
Im sorry Ben your not getting it ill clear it up...I thought it was crazy that Joe even thought he could call his own terms as far as coaching till the end of the season. What a joke! IDK if he had 80 yrs of service he turned his head on those kids :mad:

i completely understood what the **** you ment

buck440
11-11-2011, 11:08 AM

but a preist has to stay away from split tail all his life. heck i don't think they can rub one out. something's gotta give. it's expected.

ben300
11-11-2011, 11:17 AM
If I were a financial supporter of Penn State, I would have to question my future contributions based on the final outcome (assuming we get to the bottom of it). In any large organization, bad apples will exist and commit crimes. The issue is how it was handled and covered up. I actually don't hold Penn State University to the same standards I would the Catholic church. It is hard to understand any religious organization being involved in covering up child abuse by an employee of that organization. If you can't count on a church being above acts like this...then who can be counted on?

mind being im catholic, but with that said, organized religion and its figure heads, regardles of what religion it is (baptist,catholocism, protestant, judaism, islam, etc.), are some of the biggest perpetrators and preomoters of hypocricy that have ever graced teh soil that this earth his made of. and its no different with religious institutions and organizations, than it is with large universities, organizations, or governments...its a complete grab of power and money from a group of followers....corruption in churches is a problem.......the people who commit crimes in these organizations think they can get away because of the power given to them by the blind faith fo their followers....

jcv400ex
11-21-2011, 11:51 AM
Looks like no Championship for OSU, bring on Wisconsin!

Warnerade
11-21-2011, 11:59 AM
mind being im catholic, but with that said, organized religion and its figure heads, regardles of what religion it is (baptist,catholocism, protestant, judaism, islam, etc.), are some of the biggest perpetrators and preomoters of hypocricy that have ever graced teh soil that this earth his made of. and its no different with religious institutions and organizations, than it is with large universities, organizations, or governments...its a complete grab of power and money from a group of followers....corruption in churches is a problem.......the people who commit crimes in these organizations think they can get away because of the power given to them by the blind faith fo their followers.... Beautifully phrased.

Did anyone see the latest southpark? They had about 50 penn state jokes haha

tt racer
11-21-2011, 10:34 PM
i completely understood what the **** you ment You do now lol...easy fella PSU is doing the right things so far. I feel for the kids god will take care of it!