PDA

View Full Version : What is my quad worth?

Micahdogg
02-26-2003, 11:48 AM
Basically, I'm in a bit of a money crunch and I am considering selling my quad. It would help me financially as well as free up some room in the garage. It is a 87 250x that I paid $400 for back in October. It was a rolling heap of trash with everything wrong, but started.

The stuff I did to it include:
-new used frame in good shape, sand blasted and powdercoated red
-2000 300EX axle/sprocket/chain
-2000 300EX mono shock (awesome shape)
-2000 300EX rear brake rotor/caliper/slave, lines, reservoir
-Used good condition 87 silver plastic
-Used red seat with fourtrax in white...slight wear, no rips, good shape
-New Moose bars w/ scott grips (cheap, but straight and look good)
-New brake pads in front, good pads in back
-Used DG grab bar and AC skid (good shape)
-Super Trapp pipe/silencer came with it. I put in hella work to get it looking good again
-Brand new Razr Maxxis tires all around...never riden on
-Powdercoated silver stock swing arm
-Every bearing replaced (stem, axle, carrier, hubs)
-Helms bushings w/ grease inserts

I also had to buy a reverse lever, front hubs, and some other stupid misc. items.

The engine is stock though. I haven't done anything to it yet. It runs pretty good, still has great compression, starts on first couple kicks, noisy valve train though. Decompression cable removed, crack in the cover (my primary sprocket)...has been jb welded. Front left wheel has noticable tweak (stock wheels).

So there you have it....it looks very good and just needs a little more attention to the motor and some final pieces (run switch, etc...)

I told a friend that I would sell it for $1400 to him. Do you think that is high or low? I have $2400 in it and was hoping to not lose so much..., but when I told him $1400 it wasn't running and I didn't know it was just a plug?!!? Now that it's back to running like a top he's all about picking it up for $1400.

Thoughts?

Micah

Micahdogg
03-06-2003, 08:26 AM
OK, so I sold it for $1400.

[sarcasm alert] Thanks for the dynomite responses. I couldn't have done it without you guys (sigh). [/sarcasm off]

Micah

CBW
03-06-2003, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Micahdogg
OK, so I sold it for $1400.

[sarcasm alert] Thanks for the dynomite responses. I couldn't have done it without you guys (sigh). [/sarcasm off]

Micah

well i would have replied before,,,,,but just now saw the post:rolleyes:

BUT..........just so you dont feel so bad i have over 12K in my 400ex,,,(yes i do ,,i added it up :blah: ),,,and that is with a basically stock motor.........

I realize you cant sell stuff for what you have it ,,,,,,unless it is some exotic car or a yz/crf quad,,,,,,,,,All i could get if i sold it,,,,,which i have decided not to do,,,,,,thats a huge loss i dont want to take,,,,,,,,,would be about 3800-4k.

So you see,,,,,,,,you didnt do so bad;)

Micahdogg
03-06-2003, 09:27 AM
Thanks for the reply.

I've got a Rm250 that I'm already 2K in the hole on, and a T-Bird with right at $30K invested that I might be able to get $8K for. So, this quad was not one of the things on my list to lose money on :)

Micah