smoking belts
and im being told that overange will need to be used
he is getting 12,400rpm out of the 70cc engine

what are the pros and cons of these setup

also will it be faster??
how much??

selbygirl
11-07-2011, 01:08 PM
nice set up , but i clean the variator after every moto the side with the rollers , hold in hand make shore every thing moves smoothly ,,i just use a rag

jerkyboy
11-07-2011, 03:30 PM
rpm isnt your problem most likely heat.

mcwilly
11-07-2011, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by jerkyboy
rpm isnt your problem most likely heat.

or possibly having the belt uneven? Is the belt straight from the rear to front pully's? If not, you may need to shim the variator.
Has it been smoking belts from day one, or has something changed in the clutching?
Sorry, I dont have an answer for your overange question since we've never used 'em in our clutches.

fomospede
11-07-2011, 04:11 PM
Everything is. In line. And in good. Repair
The change is hos riding. He is on fire! If its not wide open throttle. He knows it may cost him a win!

nastynotchback1
11-07-2011, 05:05 PM
Have you marked and checked the variator.You may be running the belt to high.We run the overrange and the belt runs 1/8th from the top.I think we are turning right around 14000 at times.No belt problems here.

fomospede
11-07-2011, 05:24 PM
Yes. Belt travel is right
I'm sure heat is the issue
Just wanted d your opinion's. On this
Nasty will this give you a higher MPH?

selbygirl
11-07-2011, 07:58 PM
are you still running the 50 cvt cover.. the unvented one.. i was going threw springs like crazy then i put a vent tube on the cover and that solved the spring problem.but now we run the 90 covers and they have a lot of air flow to keep things run a little bit cooler . if you use a over range set up you will need a 90 cover.plus you can use the starter hole and put a vent tube in it .we tryed it without and with the tube it knocked abought 15 degres off the temperture

nastynotchback1
11-08-2011, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by fomospede
Yes. Belt travel is right
I'm sure heat is the issue
Just wanted d your opinion's. On this
Nasty will this give you a higher MPH?

If your motor can turn a higher rpm the over range will allow it.

I run a 90cvt cover and i hole sawed 3-1 in holes in the front and 3-1in holes in the back.I can run a torque spring as much as 6 motos with no issues.Compared to others mine is super cool after a moto.

djdfairchild
11-08-2011, 10:36 AM
the over range is going to give you more low end its a bigger dia rear pulley, the advantage for top end is you can rear gear for more top end, i don't see it helping your heat problem and agree with everyone else, belt problem is something else. there are somethings to check but sounds like you just wanting to know the advantages of the over range. i didn't see a noticable change, but i was already running a belt that gave me alot of low end.