PDA

View Full Version : torsion controllers

skyeryder
11-07-2011, 09:30 AM
How many people use the torsion controllers that Malossi seller, the yellow rubber cup that goes on before your torsion spring. And do they see better results with 50cc, 70cc, or 90cc, just kinda curious

fomospede
11-07-2011, 10:59 AM
there are also a bearing type we run the mallosi style and do beleive it smooths delivery and may extend life of spring

if i where building up again id buy another

EthansDad
11-08-2011, 10:43 AM
I've used them, all that I know about at least. the stage 6 clutch comes with a metal one, there is that yellow one from malossi, and a roller bearing kind of deal too from someone.

they are supposed to reduce rotational friction - that spring has to twist you know. I have run with and without them and can't tell a difference in performance or spring life. maybe I'm not looking hard enough??

what I will add, is they are great spring "spacers" and they do compress the spring a bit (from little to big - s6, malossi, roller one). that little bit can mean an extra 5-7lb of initial force on your torque spring. basically, i use them to fine tune a torque spring if I have a setup that is in between sizes.

a little bit of caution - if you go overboard on spacer, you can run into spring bind - or the spring will not fully compress because its hitting its own coils. i.e. use the bottom roller spacer + tall spring (like max rpm) + yellow malossi spacer = bind.

-EA

redonkulousruntsracing
11-09-2011, 07:23 PM
been using the yellow Malossi slider and the metal Stage 6 cup that comes with their clutch for over 2 years and using Max RPM springs, I get great spring life. I have gone up to 10 races and not have a failure. This is on a modified 50 running all Stage 6 clutch components. My $.02

rmuscle
11-10-2011, 06:32 PM
used it with and with out and have noticed no difference .thats with the stage 6 one