PDA

View Full Version : snow tires

tbrackman84
11-06-2011, 03:28 PM
i'm thinking about getting actual snow tires for the winter. I was looking at both AMS zippers and maxxis 4-snows, anyone have any experience with them or anything?

I have kenda klaw xc right now and was thinking of flipping them around for the "soft/loose terrain" tread pattern, but they are very hard rubber and I don't think they wil be any good...

witech
11-06-2011, 04:48 PM
Klaws are great for everything but snow.Dont bother flipping them. Prowedges are the best snow tire for durabily and traction. They also rock on ice. Second is 4snows. The zippers we used had a tendancy to rip and cut the paddles if you hit any ice.
They all are at least twice as good as any knobbie. Plus you can use them in the dunes.

hocman123
11-06-2011, 06:34 PM
i have a set of maxxiz razers on mine and it has been a beast in the snow i have never gotten stuck in the snow once. one day i was out with 5 others rideing with tires from holshot to paddles, stock and kenda klaws and every single person got stuck time and time again but i allways drove right though. so i would guess the 4 snows would be great tires

beastlywarrior
11-06-2011, 06:58 PM
My razrs suck in mud and snow but i have mudlites for that

rooster300ex
11-06-2011, 07:00 PM
There are many many threads on this topic. Check out the search function.

tbrackman84
11-06-2011, 07:40 PM
thanks for the insight rooster. I would also like to get mudlites because I do alot of coal hill climbing, and I think they would be good for that, just slightly pricey. I will have to check out prowedges as well, thanks guys.

Tommy Warren
11-07-2011, 03:28 AM
i always use 10 paddle haulers in the winter they work way better than my 4-snows ever did.