PDA

View Full Version : Where to legitley trail ride in md

Thumpin440ex
11-06-2011, 01:41 PM
Just looking for some spots that your not going to get jacked around.

John

dan harris
11-09-2011, 05:33 AM
The only legal trail riding I know of in Maryland was Greenridge state forest - but I think they closed the trail last year.

Unfortunately there are no longer any trails at the Breezewood Proving Grounds - but there are some great motocross tracks that are very beginner friendly and also friendly to quad riders. The proving Grounds is only about a 2 hour drive from baltimore.

Check out the website and come on up and give motocrossing a try at a relaxed cool atmosphere park !

www.breezewoodprovinggrounds.com

wickdYFZ450R
11-10-2011, 07:57 AM
You might want to check out Southern Maryland ATV park.

Thumpin440ex
11-10-2011, 08:10 AM
So you guys closed the trails at Breeze wood also??? That sucks :( Yes Greenridge closed also, that sucks too.. Will have to look at that park in southern MD unless it is the same one I am thinking about..

John

wickdYFZ450R
11-10-2011, 10:51 AM
Its right before the mx track budds creek...on rt234

dan harris
11-11-2011, 05:31 AM
Unfortunately the DEP (Department of Environmental Protection) Shut the trails down at Breezewood - I tried to get them re-opened - spent about $25,000, but its not looking good for trails here anytime soon.

The tracks are AWESOME though !

There is a great trail riding park north of us called Rock Run - prolly a pretty long drive from MD.

Keep in mind Tower City is only 2hrs from most places in MD and they have an enormous amount of trail riding !

.....good luck !

deathman53
11-27-2011, 12:46 PM
if you are into MX and they hav some trails, there is Easton MX, is off barkers landing in Easton MD. I was there yesterday, kinda wet and they closed one track. We rode the dirtbike only track, it was a blast. I wanted to get on that track so bad, so did many of the quads, but weird, there was only 2 quads that rode it mostly(both owned by me). kinda funny they cry about not getting on it, but when they do, its too hard or something????

Thumpin440ex
11-27-2011, 01:13 PM
Yah it is just BS that there is no place to ride.. Given we have places we have been, but often get hassled by guys hunting there, but wont call the cops because they know they are in the wrong for being there aswell.. Been stopped by a few DNR cops, they have always let us off, as we are a good group of guys, don't give them any added BS.. My buddies went to budds creek today to ride the trails system they have, no word from the yet.. have not had a chance to ride down easton, but that place is only about a hour from me.. Sucks this state is so f'd up.. We really enjoy the trails..

John

Delaware152
11-27-2011, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by deathman53
if you are into MX and they hav some trails, there is Easton MX, is off barkers landing in Easton MD. I was there yesterday, kinda wet and they closed one track. We rode the dirtbike only track, it was a blast. I wanted to get on that track so bad, so did many of the quads, but weird, there was only 2 quads that rode it mostly(both owned by me). kinda funny they cry about not getting on it, but when they do, its too hard or something????

There was a decent amount of quads there today. Probably about 15 or so. We didn't think that track is to hard just figured it would be muddy yesterday after all the rain last week. Track was nice today and had a good time.

TWISTED
12-09-2011, 07:57 PM
Check this out..... Only 35 minutes from Budds.....http://www.nnkatv.com/ MX track, trails, dragstrip, etc..... He's got all bases covered.....