PDA

View Full Version : will these fit?

400exHondaRider
11-05-2011, 11:14 PM
hey guys, been looking for a set of axis or pep shocks, if i find some that are "for" a yfz, kfx, etc.. will they work on a trx450r i will be using honda a arms of course, but i was just wondering if they are the right length what would be different about them besides saying they are for a different quad. any help is appreciated thanks..

DnB_racing
11-06-2011, 05:45 AM
one issue im aware off is, on differnt types of quads the mount thickness is ususally different, and im sure there are more issues then this but ive allways just bought shocks designed for my exact quad, so im not sure about what else to look for

bigbillg
11-06-2011, 06:28 AM
they will work but you have to grind the top eye to fit because i have seen yfz shocks on a 400 ex before and i believe that how it was done

Lquad71
11-06-2011, 11:26 AM
just because a shock fits doesnt mean it works properly. I would recomend finding something that is made for your application.

jjohns5
11-08-2011, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Lquad71
just because a shock fits doesnt mean it works properly. I would recomend finding something that is made for your application.

I second this,don't waste your time.Make sure you get a front end or(shocks for your bike).Working properly is what you want not just the name on your bike,In addition it may end up costing you more in the long run buying a shock for a different bike.