PDA

View Full Version : Custom CNC machine billet parts?

Pro1200
11-05-2011, 05:22 PM
One of my buddies does CNC machine work and him and I are looking to start making some quad parts.:D So I am posting to find out what kind of parts you guys would be interested in buying?

I know myself being on here all the time, I know the 250R guys are big fans of billet aluminum parts and have great ideas for innovation of parts. So let me know what you guys wanna see made. Then we can bring the 250R back alive. :p

sand_blaster
11-05-2011, 05:28 PM
Throtttle covers , maybe some stator covers.

Pro1200
11-05-2011, 05:50 PM
Yea that was the stuff I was thinking. :)

I was also thinking billet brake m/c covers, case savers, billet swingarm chain guides.

... any more cool ideas?

jwags13
11-05-2011, 06:42 PM
15 tooth case savers, def rear break cylinder covers,

sameltoe
11-05-2011, 10:04 PM
A poly case saver...

skyeryder
11-05-2011, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by sameltoe
A poly case saver...

X2 on that one^^^^ had one on the 450 thought it was great...

JM317
11-06-2011, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by skyeryder
X2 on that one^^^^ had one on the 450 thought it was great...

I'd be in for one too!

Pro1200
11-06-2011, 10:57 AM
poly case saver is a great idea! :) I'll try to get a design made up and see if my friend can make a batch

sameltoe
11-06-2011, 11:07 AM
I know it's not billet. But I think it would benefit our cases by having a case formed saver...

Maybe some rezzi holder's? Front and rear. I have a roll set...and would love to have another....

D Bergstrom
11-06-2011, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by sameltoe
A poly case saver...

I would be in for one also. Would like it to go around the shift shaft then form to the ignition cover/case.

Doug

Higgy87TRX425
11-06-2011, 01:44 PM
Ok anyone that has a Hinson or Duncan or anyother brand of Quickchange cover and has tried to use a billet kickstarter has run into thhis problem. The larger billet kickstarter hits the Quickchange cover! So if a new style billet kickstarter was made that had that edge where it hits machined down then we would have a winner. I know its kinda of a specialty part, but I think if I have run into this problem then alot of others have too!
Thanks Higgy!

danhung11
11-06-2011, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Higgy87TRX425
Ok anyone that has a Hinson or Duncan or anyother brand of Quickchange cover and has tried to use a billet kickstarter has run into thhis problem. The larger billet kickstarter hits the Quickchange cover! So if a new style billet kickstarter was made that had that edge where it hits machined down then we would have a winner. I know its kinda of a specialty part, but I think if I have run into this problem then alot of others have too!
Thanks Higgy!

Higgy - I'd be hesitant to run a billet aluminum kicker on that puma, heard some simply snap with high compression motors. Why not just chrome an OEM one?

As far as the post, I'd be interested in custom fatbar top clamps, new design on chain guides, billet stator covers, heck why not billet quick change covers? :D

Higgy87TRX425
11-06-2011, 10:08 PM
Danno, I'm not to worried about the Nac's Kicker breaking, but everyone has a Chrome OEM kicker and I wanted mine to be a Nac's I mean I'm like $150.00 into this kicker between buying it new for $90 bucks chroming the base knuckle and then buying a rebuild kit so I'd like to use it! I have a Plain aluminum colored Billet Nacs kicker that I ground off the edge that hits the Quickchange cover not too much, but just enough that it should clear the cover and if this works then I think that I'll probably just be running the Polished aluninum Nacs kicker, but I really wanted to run the annodized blue nacs kicker, beause it matches everything else on my bike that blue. I even tried to get one of those Direct Drive longer kicker shafts! I called earier in the day and they said that they had one in stock so I told them that I'd be out there later to pick it up. So when I finally arrive after about 15 minutes of waiting in the show room I find out that they don't have that one in stock anywhere! Supposibly they had just mailled out there last one??? I'm sure glad that I called head to reserve it and then drove 20 to 30 minutes outta my way. Thats the last time that I'll be doing business with these idiots!!!! Horrrible customer Service!!!
Thanks Higgy!

Pro1200
11-08-2011, 05:38 PM
UPDATE: Alright talked with my buddy today and he's going to try to knock out the first poly case saver sometime next week. Unfortunately it wont be one that goes around the shifter shaft becuase I don't own one lol. But I'll keep you guys updated. I'm also seeing if I can get the rear brake m/c guard made in billet and front brake m/c cover made as well.

Thanks guys, once I get one poly case saver complete I post up pics and further info.

D3RACING
11-08-2011, 06:08 PM
A brake line/cable guide that goes on the steering stem mount. Like the Baldwin ones they used to sell for the 250R.

Higgy87TRX425
11-08-2011, 06:16 PM
How about modifying the Billet Qucikchange cover insted of the kickstarter. Like DAN mentioned. If the Quickchange cover was machined similar to the new ESR style then I don't think that the kicker would hit! I'm assuming thats why ESR did it. So there own billet kickstarters wouldn't hit there Quickchange covers they're currently making. You could just make a simple cover that fits the Hinson or DUNCAN style with the cutout for the kickstarter to clear. People could then request some type of personalization like a name, their bike name or a company name. I wouldn't mind one that said NACS on it, lol!! Anyway just a though?
Thanks Higgy!

Higgy87TRX425
11-08-2011, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by D3RACING
A brake line/cable guide that goes on the steering stem mount. Like the Baldwin ones they used to sell for the 250R.

I have one of those to use for a sample product to take measurements off of if you need them. Thanks Higgy!

Pro1200
11-08-2011, 06:40 PM
yea I was thinking the brake line guide as well. I just saw a pic of it on someones quad. Yea if all goes well with the rest of the items, Higgy, I'll def need yours to make a replica. Also then well proceed on making a modified clutch cover as well. Once I know my buddy can produce them in high quality we'll work form there and make some trick parts.

all the sick 250R stuff is discontinued :ermm: Time for a comeback :)

Higgy87TRX425
11-08-2011, 06:51 PM
Sounds good man! I knew there was another reason I just had to have that Baldwin line holder, lol! At the time I just thought that it looked cool! Ha Ha. See now its commin in handy! Thanks Higgy