PDA

View Full Version : Cr85 plastics on old CR80??

450rKid13
11-04-2011, 11:16 AM
Hey everyone,

I'm picking up a real old CR80 from a friend real soon. It's 1986 i believe?
Anyways, i'm looking to build it for my gf for xmas. My biggest thing right now is the body work. I want to update the looks on it for her. This is where my problem lies.

Will CR85 or newer Cr80 plastics work on a bike this old? i prefer to use CR85 components, but something like the 1996 CR80 style would be okay with me too.
Any help with this problem is much appreciated.

Thanks!

-Doug

HondaPohl
11-06-2011, 01:35 PM
I wouldnt expect the newer body parts to bolt right up if thats what your looking for. You might have to get creative and make it fit. Make mounts, go with the newer rad. I really have to idea. For all I know it will bolt right up. I doubt it tho. Your gonna have to play with it.

450rKid13
11-06-2011, 09:55 PM
Yeah that's kinda what i'm expecting. I actually managed to pick up a whole newer set of plastics(96 CR80), air box/fueltank and all, for like 50 bucks. theyre ratty, but it's nothing graphics won't cover up. :) I'll just make any mounts or anything that i might need.
I also posted this thread on thumpertalk and i found that the bikes' plastics are fairly similar for mounting except for the tank and stuff. so a few welds maybe. a couple cuts in the plastics. I think i should be alright. i'll update when i get the new ones in the mail.

HondaPohl
11-07-2011, 02:54 PM
Good luck!