PDA

View Full Version : On light woulnt come on

Speed37
11-04-2011, 05:58 AM
Hey, what wires in the wire harness are required to make the quad run? Cause i thought it was a dead battery, but i bought a new battery and the thing still woulnt run. I always jump start it, but im getting kinda tired of it. Any ideas? Blown fuses ?

powerbomb400
11-04-2011, 02:38 PM
Check the fuses first. They are next to the starter solneid. The circuit from the key is working or you couldn't jump it off. When you press the starter button does it do any thing. Also check the relay that is on the clutch perch. It has to pressed in for the starter to turn over. That happens when you pull the clutch in.

kylep165
11-04-2011, 08:38 PM
Does the neutral light come on?

tri5ron
11-04-2011, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Speed37
i bought a new battery and the thing still woulnt run. I always jump start it, Not sure I understand this.
When you say "jump start",... do you mean you are jumping the battery ??? , as in,.. using Jumper Cables ???
or,
are you saying it will not start with the starter button at all,
and you are "Push/Bump Starting" it?

i.e.- pushing it or towing it, and letting the clutch out, while in gear, with the key on, to get it to start ?

Speed37
11-04-2011, 10:55 PM
i start it by running next to it and hoping on it and putting it in gear. Bump starting, yes. But ok say i got my key off. and i turn it to on. THe nutreallight will not come on. THe battery is brand new

powerbomb400
11-05-2011, 03:21 AM
Check the fuses first. Then check the neutral switch that is down next to the shifter. Its a relay to I believe.