PDA

View Full Version : Worcs Style Racing East Coast?

hilltop_83
11-03-2011, 06:06 PM
I tried to do a search but all i got was results on worcs racing, does anybody know of any worcs style racing on the east coast? i have been riding in the woods alot more and i like it but i still want the motocross track.

Scro
11-03-2011, 06:20 PM
There are several GNCC courses that incorporate MX tracks, but it's usually a very small section. It's nothing like you would see at a WORCS race, but it's probably the closest you're going to get.

dxcody
11-03-2011, 07:01 PM
yea i think Unadilla and Lorretta lynns usually have the biggest MX sections out of the GNCC's but they neutralize the big jumps usually and make only tabletop type jumps.

I agree tho that WORCS looks amazing and hopefully i can run one eventually.

I want to make an MX track in the woods.. Like make jumps and and stuff inside the woods, and have the tight technical stuff and mud pits and hills incorporated..

I will call it.... XCMX series racing! lol :D

hilltop_83
11-06-2011, 06:54 PM
would there be anybody to get in contact with to see if there es any interest in getting something like it on the east coast?
or would i be wasting my time?

Scro
11-07-2011, 05:24 AM
There's not alot of thick woods to race in out west. If they didn't incorporate the MX track into the WORCS, then it would just be a desert race. Give GNCC a try. You will love it.

jigg14
11-07-2011, 09:32 PM
I race MX, and I've always wanted to try a WORCS race.

I raced the GNCC at Loretta's 2 years ago and it was a blast, but there was VERY little MX track time. Still a fun time though.

I'd love to see an east coast WORCS type race.

smr
11-08-2011, 05:55 AM
I would say the OMA is much closer to a worcs track than gncc. They race all over the midwest.

most of there tracks are only a few miles long and really open.

QuadJunkies
11-20-2011, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by smr
I would say the OMA is much closer to a worcs track than gncc. They race all over the midwest.

most of there tracks are only a few miles long and really open.

Agreed...

WORCS is such a well rounded series . Awesome program indeed .
Most are now in the Southern West Coast now .We dont even race in Wa. state in 2012 for XC and Endurocross mix. that was sad to see ... :(

timmybreakitall
11-22-2011, 01:33 AM
As a Pro in the WORCS series and also racing a GNCC in Ohio, I can clarify the differences. I have a Moto backround from the great North West so I have been between a tree or 2. GNCC is a great series and has a a huge following. I enjoy WORCS more because ther is a FULL moto with huge hits, Racetown's 130' step-up/table or Washugal's 90'triple...On the top of that as well is an enduro-X section with logs, 60" tires ,lagoon jumps. One has to be well rounded and the MX guy has a section to get after it, off-roader has sections and the tech rider has the enduro-x.
If you find something out east , let us know.

TPQ

hilltop_83
11-22-2011, 03:27 PM
I am going to talk to one of guys that races IXCR and see what he thinks, then im gonna have him talk to a couple other guys that race the IXCR along side of him see what they say and see where it goes from there.