PDA

View Full Version : best mag subscriptions?

HondaRacing83
11-03-2011, 04:23 PM
what magazines do you guys get? my parents always get me a subscription to 2 magazines for christmas. last year i got atvaction and dirtwheels. im getting more into dirtbikes now. im thinking motocross transworld and dirtwheels. plus motocross transworld has them posters of them sexy hoes in there mags. atleast i hope they still do that. anyways what do you guys get?

quad2xtreme
11-03-2011, 04:45 PM
those are the two I get.

dxcody
11-03-2011, 04:55 PM
some salesman came to my door back in like july and talked me into buying a 1 year sub to dirt rider because he told me it was for quads but its not... im not a big dirtbike guy unless its supercross, but the magazine is really good.

It pretty much talks about Supercross, nationals, GNCC, and Worcs i think too..

I like it!

mx Eli
11-03-2011, 05:13 PM
since QUAD mag in gone i have gone to dirtwheels and dieselpower.

If you like more of testing bikes and bike shootouts I would recomend dirtbike mag, if you like more of the supercross seen i would go with transworld mx

honda400ex2003
11-03-2011, 05:28 PM
used to get dirtwheels, it was nice to get the updates and such but the shoot outs always seemed a bit biased imo. hard to say though.

steve

skyeryder
11-03-2011, 05:41 PM
atvs: atv scene or atv insider best two hands down

mx bike: transworld or racerx

dxcody
11-03-2011, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by honda400ex2003
used to get dirtwheels, it was nice to get the updates and such but the shoot outs always seemed a bit biased imo. hard to say though.

steve

yea i kinda thought the same about the shootouts, like how they said kfx450 is the best all around. idk maybe im the one who is biased lol

CJM
11-03-2011, 06:39 PM
dirtwheels has always been biased, not sure wtf is with them but they praise anything and everything besides honda.

dxcody
11-03-2011, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by CJM
dirtwheels has always been biased, not sure wtf is with them but they praise anything and everything besides honda.

You nailed that one right on the head!

Its sad.. But as the old saying goes... "everyone hates a winner"

wilkin250r
11-03-2011, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by CJM

That's not true. They praise whatever is most recent, whatever is new. It's just also happens that Honda never really comes out with anything new, so it only SEEMS like they're biased against Honda.

Look back at the history, whatever the shootout is, the newest quad is always the "winner."

CJM
11-03-2011, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
That's not true. They praise whatever is most recent, whatever is new. It's just also happens that Honda never really comes out with anything new, so it only SEEMS like they're biased against Honda.

Look back at the history, whatever the shootout is, the newest quad is always the "winner."

You are right in that respect, honda never comes out with new stuff they stick to the same stuff over and over and over.

And your right about the shootouts, whatevers new always wins lol.

HondaRacing83
11-03-2011, 07:18 PM
i totally forgot about racerx! and yeah, i just like dirtwheels for the letters, over the bars, parting shot sections and to see whats new with stuff on the quad scene then come here for the real truth and i like looking through the ads for new parts out and new places to buy things. motocross transworld seems like theyd have a pretty good update on the whole moto seen and have good reviews on all the new products. plus theyve got them posters :p and when you get a subscription now, you get a pair of oneal mx socks what a deal maker!

jzexrider
11-04-2011, 10:34 AM
Ive been getting ATVRider ever since QUAD went out. Its way better than dirtwheels, and they have the sickest builds and good event coverage. Good magazine.

BlasterEaten250
11-04-2011, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by wilkin250r

Look back at the history, whatever the shootout is, the newest quad is always the "winner." So THAT's why Yamaha always won. I thought it was because there was always a Yamaha add on the back cover :blah:

HondaRacing83
11-04-2011, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by BlasterEaten250
So THAT's why Yamaha always won. I thought it was because there was always a Yamaha add on the back cover :blah: pretty sure theres always a renthal ad :p i have a few from 2005 and theres suzuki ads on them.

BlasterEaten250
11-04-2011, 02:18 PM
Oh yeah they switched to Renthal adds a little while ago, but I always remembered Yamaha adds.

"Face off after face off, the YFZ chewed the face off the competition" :rolleyes:

fastrnrik
11-04-2011, 03:03 PM
Highlights for Children. My favorite

mkh155
11-04-2011, 06:13 PM
If your into bikes too definately Racer X.. One of the best mags out there IMO

honda400ex2003
11-04-2011, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by BlasterEaten250
Oh yeah they switched to Renthal adds a little while ago, but I always remembered Yamaha adds.

"Face off after face off, the YFZ chewed the face off the competition" :rolleyes:

my exact reason for not renewing lol. i have nothing against yamaha or anything no matter if it was really better or not but judging from their comments it seemed it was never the best talked of machine out of the bunch and seemed to come out winning every shoot out.

lol

i agree with all though on the newest things winning.

steve

finsteratv
11-04-2011, 11:03 PM
ATVrider here

KingpinsEx
11-05-2011, 04:04 PM
Dirt wheels is the absolute worst. There reviews are horrible and the content makes no sense. I can remeber the yamaha yfz coming out, they said the suspension was as good as anything aftermarket, WOW. And then you have their first person review writing. "You snick the atv into first gear and let the clutch out, then you come around the turn and hit a table top" They are the only magazine that I have ever read write reviews like that, not sure if they still do, I stopped subscribing a long time ago. While it was around QUAD was the best thing out there then my subscription was switched to transworld mx and I am happy with it. ATV insider seems to be alright as well.

Tommy Warren
11-06-2011, 01:17 PM
dirtwheels and penthouse