PDA

View Full Version : gonna join the family

slainwarrior
11-03-2011, 12:56 PM
ive been in the market looking to buy my favorite quad of all time for awhile now.. ive found one thats been on craigslist for awhile the bike looks immaculate in the pics. he origionally wanted 3800$ like 5 months ago and now he's down to 2000$ so i might jump on it.. The kicker for me is that it comes with the originional title.. does that add value to these bikes since they're so old? The bike is fairly modded fresh powder minor engine mods new plastics rims and tires just no suspension work

esstrx250r
11-03-2011, 01:12 PM
I think I know the bike you are talking about, it has electrical problems right? A while back I told him I would buy it for a little less than what he is asking now and he told me no. I have a full electrical system so it would have been an easy fix. Looks like a pretty nice bike.

slainwarrior
11-03-2011, 01:30 PM
yep thats it.. i might buy it ive always wanted one ive been trying to find one that already has suspension but it seems like the 250rs have picked up again in popularity the past couple of years and its driven the price of them back up

brokenmike
11-04-2011, 11:06 AM
If you get it I could help you out in troubleshooting. Where at in south jersey are you.

slainwarrior
11-04-2011, 02:18 PM
im in elk twp if youve ever heard of it not far from williamstown at all.. im going to pick it up afterwork today. my buddy has an 86 so im just gonna swap out electrical parts until i figure out what the problem is

HondaPohl
11-04-2011, 04:12 PM
Having a title for a bike is always a plus. Doesnt add value to the atv because you can always have one made if its not hot.

ATC250R4LIFE
11-04-2011, 06:23 PM
CHECK IT OUT GOOD I BOUGHT A 86 FROM HIM GOT IT HOME AND FRAME WAS BENT TOLD ME BIKE WAS ALL GOOD

slainwarrior
11-08-2011, 07:01 AM
well i bought the bike.. its actually in amazing condition he said he thought it was the cdi or coil because he went through the harness twice and couldnt figure out why it wasnt getting spark.. well that took me about a minute to figure out why.. after he had everything powder coated he never ground down to bare metal on the frame for the ground wire... checked the compression its right at 185 psi.. the bike runs great and is fast i just need to make some jetting changes the bike doesnt want to idle any suggestions???

DoonRider
11-08-2011, 08:20 AM
Good deal for you. :D
Post a pic.

slainwarrior
11-08-2011, 10:42 AM
i have some on my phone from in the garage i could post later but theres low lighting so they dont look great but this weekend ill push her outside into the sun for some good photos