Longdong
11-02-2011, 11:47 AM
Does octane effect jetting?

fearlessfred
11-02-2011, 05:13 PM
no

Coley'sdad#8
11-03-2011, 05:58 AM
per-say , no but when making any changes you should pay attention for any jetting change needs. stay away from additives that contain ethanol or methanol to increase octane because the alcohol's higher percentage can change the jetting. some exotic race fuels are oxygenated, some are using different density chemicals to jack up octane and different 2 smoke oil's will slightly change jetting requirements. bottom line ALWAYS be aware of your jetting when changing things up.

chunky0071
11-03-2011, 08:22 AM
Octane per say no but different octane levels like pump 93 vs Vp110 the 110 is heavier by volume so you will be putting more fuel in. Oxygenated fuels are lighter there for you need more fuel for the same amount.

fearlessfred
11-03-2011, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by chunky0071
Octane per say no but different octane levels like pump 93 vs Vp110 the 110 is heavier by volume so you will be putting more fuel in. Oxygenated fuels are lighter there for you need more fuel for the same amount. I would not argue that oxygenated fuels could run leaner but I dont think that the specific gravity of a fuel has an effect on overall jetting. maybe Im wrong..I do no that in years past, that in the winter the fuel makers would lower the specific gravity to aid in throttle responce,but now days with almost everthing being efi .i dont know if they still do that.

Logan #34's Dad
11-04-2011, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by fearlessfred
I would not argue that oxygenated fuels could run leaner but I dont think that the specific gravity of a fuel has an effect on overall jetting. maybe Im wrong..I do no that in years past, that in the winter the fuel makers would lower the specific gravity to aid in throttle responce,but now days with almost everthing being efi .i dont know if they still do that.

WHAT! EFI on a mini? WHO WOULD OF THOUGHT!
I kid -- but let me just say - it's closer than ya'all think.:devil:

nordic quad
11-06-2011, 02:54 PM
Apex EFI

http://www.proatv.dk/Oplevelser....asp?showpic=1&fieldID=520&fieldnr=3&menu=70&submenu=35&hidesub=yes