PDA

View Full Version : cv-4 hoses

trx400Rider
10-31-2011, 09:22 PM
Hey guys I picked up a set of cv-4 hoses for the 450 today and a gallon of liquid performance coolant. The dealer said to make sure ever little bit of antifreeze is out before I go putting in any LP's coolant. He said to just use water to flush my system out.

Has anyone ever used liquid performance coolant before?
And is a gallon of coolant enough to change the system?
Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Pacheco_450r
11-01-2011, 06:53 PM
That's what I've been using for the past 4 years and I've never had any problems with it. One jug will be plenty!

trx400Rider
11-01-2011, 09:41 PM
awesome man! and how did you change it from stock coolant to the lp's without mixing them?

Pacheco_450r
11-01-2011, 11:12 PM
I drained what I could and then flushed it with a gallon jug of distilled water from the grocery store. That'll get most of it out.

trx400Rider
11-03-2011, 09:20 PM
Alright! Im just a little nervous about doing this. I dont want it to gum up inside the system that would be very bad!
Do you think I should run it for a minute with distilled water or just keep filling it up and then draining it out?
Im confused lol!
And for the bottom hose, I notice the stock ones have a heat sheild on them, basically another small piece of rad hose over the actual hose. should I put that small piece on the CV-4 hose to prevent it from melting?

Pacheco_450r
11-03-2011, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by trx400Rider
Alright! Im just a little nervous about doing this. I dont want it to gum up inside the system that would be very bad!
Do you think I should run it for a minute with distilled water or just keep filling it up and then draining it out?
Im confused lol!
And for the bottom hose, I notice the stock ones have a heat sheild on them, basically another small piece of rad hose over the actual hose. should I put that small piece on the CV-4 hose to prevent it from melting?

Yea I've done it that way before, that will help get all the coolant flushed out from the motor that you can't get to just by draining it. I don't think I've seen many people with a shield on their hoses. Cv4 hoses are tough I don't think you will have a problem.

Dave400ex
11-05-2011, 07:55 PM
You won't have any issues with the CV4 hoses. Make sure you put them on the right way, I usually have to cut a little bit off.