PDA

View Full Version : homemade extra's

DoPeExRiDeR20
02-25-2003, 08:57 PM
Hey whats up all.... I was just wondering if anyone has done any "small" modifications to there 400ex's that are easy to do and look good after there done...... so far ive shaved my front fenders, i used the car door edge molding idea and put and added some chrome molding to my shaved fenders... i also got a quad tech hood scoop, which eliminates the lights, so i added some micro halogen race series car lights under the front fender ( in which i used the braces tht hold the front fender to bolt onto the lights, ANd LOOK FREAKIN AWESOME ), and ive also painted my a arms, chain guard, sub frame, shifter, foot brake, and exhaust guard.....i'll post pics as soon as i get time too, but hopefully by then u all will have sum more ideas for me to do...... thnx later all

300exTJjeeper
02-26-2003, 09:54 AM
If you want you can start polishing parts on your engine and Quad, Start small like covers and such. YOu can learn more about this stuff over at the Body section, go check it out.

And it's a small and cheap way to make your engine look good

QuadTrix6
02-26-2003, 01:53 PM
hey doe you got ne pics ?

DoPeExRiDeR20
02-26-2003, 03:49 PM
nope i will soon though... keep checking here

Kadafiy
02-27-2003, 07:57 PM
Here is some of the stuff I got chromed or polished, and I made that battery box support. It's plain so I might get something water jetted into it or just sticker it up.

DoPeExRiDeR20
02-27-2003, 11:11 PM
those look sweet, i tried getting the engine supports off to figure out sumthign to do w/ thm, but im scared ill strip the bolt, lol, i have a bad prolbm w/ tht, lol, ima keep trying w/ this mothers polish to get something outa it..... thnx for the help.... keep it coming........

02Yellow400
02-28-2003, 12:06 AM
Heres a pic of my quad. I just done doin the cases a few weeks ago. There really dirty in the pic. And the pic is ****ty but it will give you a quick idea. I will get you some more good pics shorty

phatswinn
02-28-2003, 03:23 PM
the best idea i had was a few years ago, a pvc on the front, it holds all the essential stuff (spark plugs, plug wrench, tire plugs co2 tire fillers ect.) and the pvc and wire clamps for it came to $4 at chase-pitken, cant go wrong there

300exTJjeeper
02-28-2003, 03:32 PM
I really like that Idea, the tool box is a small for what I have to carrry, I'll make one over weekened to put on the bike,

THanks for info, yourrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Great!!!

hahhahha

renegade_400ex
02-28-2003, 09:13 PM
i wana see how u mounted these mini lights. where did u get them? get some pics soon man!

300exTJjeeper
02-28-2003, 09:45 PM
THose mini lights are just ordinary lights at your auto parts store.

I installed 2 small oval ones on my 300ex, there a hell alot bright than the 400ex too, only 15 bucks.

HiperEX
03-01-2003, 04:40 AM
here are some fog lights i put on my 300ex costed like 25$ looks good and are BRIGHT!!

DoPeExRiDeR20
03-01-2003, 11:47 PM
yeah those r the lights but mine are mounted differently and i think look a lot better, im getting film developed w/in the next couple days so i should have pics up by the end of the week..... thnx for the tool box idea, i might be doing tht next........thnx again

luvmyex
03-02-2003, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by phatswinn
the best idea i had was a few years ago, a pvc on the front, it holds all the essential stuff (spark plugs, plug wrench, tire plugs co2 tire fillers ect.) and the pvc and wire clamps for it came to $4 at chase-pitken, cant go wrong there
I had that same idea

speedy400
03-02-2003, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by luvmyex
I had that same idea
haha i had a ice drag awhile ago and i guy i raced had one of thoughs, his said "EXREME CAUTION NOS" on the front and a little wire going from the covor to by the engine, it was so funny-darren

DoPeExRiDeR20
03-02-2003, 06:49 PM
HEY GUYS I HAVE PLENTY OF PICS READY TO POST BUT IM HAVING TROUBLE GETTING THM ONTO THE WEBSITE, SO IF U WANNA SEE MY PICS E-MAIL ME AT TRIBAL5USA@AOL.COM AND LEMME KNO WHAT U WANNA SEE AND ILL MAKE SURE TO SEND YA THEM...... SORRY BUT ITS THE BEST I CAN DO RIGHT NOW....