PDA

View Full Version : Neck Brace Discussion

atvrider23054
10-30-2011, 06:19 PM
OKay so im in the process of buying a neck brace and see that there are many different ones to choose from. What does everyone suggest as far as brand mand models Like Alpinestar carbon vs Laeatt GPX and so on.. Which would be everyones top pick, besides the Leatt PRO becuase thats a little out of my price range. Thanks

slightlybent47
10-30-2011, 06:42 PM
I have the Leatt carbon fiber brace and love it. it’s very light and adjust to fit.
Looking at some of the knock off’s I see the Leatt looks like it’s the most restricting of them all. But that’s the purpose of the brace is to restrict movement of the neck.
It dose require a chest proctor that will work with the brace, so take that in account when you buy.
I suggest a trip to a bike shop that stocks them and try them on. I felt the Leatt was going to bother me because it does restrict you movement but it only took one ride for me to get use to it. Now I feel naked without it.

And I’ve had a few spills and I felt that it worked very well. I could tell when my helmet hit the brace and it seemed to stop the movement like it’s supposed to.

Q: How much is your neck worth?
If you crash, don’t you want the best chance to walk away?

I only wish if not for safety for the love of the sport. That everyone that rides, rides with as much protection as they can afford. So many people buy hi performance parts before they buy safety gear, when the gear should come first.

Good luck in your search. There will be many opinions on this so give it some time and see what everyone else will say about them.

Balaz_73*00
10-31-2011, 06:00 AM
Ive rode with both the leatte and Astar. I prefer the Astar brace. Much more comfortable in my opinion.

mcwilly
10-31-2011, 12:35 PM
I dont have any personal experience with one, but I've heard good things about the Omega neck brace. Just another option to look at....

slightlybent47
10-31-2011, 01:50 PM
Everyone’s deferent and are built deferent so one that works for me may not work for you. I would think that those that have a short neck would do better with one of the lower profile ones. Where if you have a longer neck you may want the taller brace like the Leatt.