PDA

View Full Version : attn construction gurus.

bulkdriverlp
10-29-2011, 09:22 PM
im looking at replacing my sliding glass door. have no idea what brand is good. im looking at andersen and jeld-wen. i know i want white/white, any advice on what is a good brand? thanks in advance

CJM
10-29-2011, 09:53 PM
Anderson period. Others are ok and may hold up, but an anderson seriously I have never had a thing go wrong with one.

nelzar13
10-30-2011, 09:35 AM
i second the andersons... go to your local building supply place, not homo depo, but a good supplyer and check out what they can get for you..

Honda#4
10-30-2011, 09:39 AM
Both are good brands and hold up fairly good. I would look at going with a Low-E or duel pane glass.

ROLLIN
10-30-2011, 05:37 PM
pella with wood interior (painted white) is a good choice, just as good as anderson but less expensive. It will be smooth for 30+yrs and seals well. For windows, i'd go with anderson.

sunco
11-01-2011, 07:58 AM
Been in the business for 30 years.

Pella sucks - **** warranty, **** product..... not recommended

Anderson - the doors are the only product that is good. Ever try the non user friendly Tilt wash :(

The all vinyl doors have to much flex in them.

Ya get what ya pay for :macho

HondaPohl
11-01-2011, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by CJM
Anderson period. Others are ok and may hold up, but an anderson seriously I have never had a thing go wrong with one.

Plus the Andersons are made in America and they are a good company. Dont cut wages or yank pensions plans.