PDA

View Full Version : FYI- another TRX250R part being DISCONTINUED!!

superman
10-27-2011, 08:10 PM
Just thought Id give my fellow TRX250R fanatics a heads up, Honda has discontinued the OEM clutch cable, part# 22870-KR0-000 Most big Honda dealers such as the one I use will often call Honda Motor Co. LTD direct to check availability of parts, as they did today when I went to order a throttle cable and a clutch cable. The throttle cables are no longer available, and while on the phone Honda said the clutch cable was being discontinued and that they currently had 115 remaining in stock and once those were gone that would be it for yet another TRX250R OEM part!! So I went ahead and ordered 3, because YES I know you can get Motion Pro, BUT for us die-hards that like doing true OEM restorations, we want the real deal!! So there you have it, get them while you can!!:(

87TRX310R
10-27-2011, 08:50 PM
Not only that, They also discontinued the gas tank cushions. 17505-HB9-000, 17506-HB9-000

Rich250RRacer
10-28-2011, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by superman
Just thought Id give my fellow TRX250R fanatics a heads up, Honda has discontinued the OEM clutch cable, part# 22870-KR0-000 Most big Honda dealers such as the one I use will often call Honda Motor Co. LTD direct to check availability of parts, as they did today when I went to order a throttle cable and a clutch cable. The throttle cables are no longer available, and while on the phone Honda said the clutch cable was being discontinued and that they currently had 115 remaining in stock and once those were gone that would be it for yet another TRX250R OEM part!! So I went ahead and ordered 3, because YES I know you can get Motion Pro, BUT for us die-hards that like doing true OEM restorations, we want the real deal!! So there you have it, get them while you can!!:(

That is unfortunate, but for a Perfect OEM resto, the KR0 cable isn't correct anyway. The original cable is an HB9 which is slightly shorter than the KR0, and it's been gone for over ten years.

superman
10-28-2011, 07:22 PM
True, I was just reffering to the only OEM cable still available thru Honda Motor Co.

Honda 250r 001
11-03-2011, 09:18 AM
Is there a website that updates discontinued parts quickly? Servce honda maybe? Or does anyone have a list of the discontinuted parts for the 250r? What can we even get anymore?!

Langbolt
11-03-2011, 10:27 AM
I know Ronnie's shows wether a Part is Dicontinued or not.....not sure how often the list is updated though....:(

It's too bad HONDA didn't outsurce the parts to businesses in the USA...then it would just be a matter of knowing who made what and then we could contact them and deal direct

Wishful thinkin' i know

:devil:

robludwig
11-05-2011, 08:35 AM
I bought an oem throttle cable last Saturday at my local dealer. I didn't know at the time it was discontinued. They said they had 4 in stock, which surprised me since it's just a small dealership in a town of about 25,000 people. I looked when I got home and saw you couldn't order it from the parts sites. It was about $50 but I needed it to ride so I bought it.

Rob

destey
11-07-2011, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Langbolt
I know Ronnie's shows wether a Part is Dicontinued or not.....not sure how often the list is updated though....:(

It's too bad HONDA didn't outsurce the parts to businesses in the USA...then it would just be a matter of knowing who made what and then we could contact them and deal direct

Wishful thinkin' i know

:devil:

It probably comes down to the engineering print and Honda not wanting to release them. Many places are capable of fabricating the needed parts, just need a print.

Someone could draw up a print (and engineer the material and finish)

quadfmx
11-27-2011, 06:21 PM
how much are the cables,
I assume u got from service honda or another supplier where you can save some cash

superman
11-28-2011, 06:43 PM
I get all my Honda parts at my local dealer, Lexington Motorsports where I'm set up as a dealer, so I get very good pricing on all my OEM parts.

hawaiiysr
12-09-2011, 10:09 PM
add the rear brake lever return spring to the disco list. i'm SOL