PDA

View Full Version : yfz wiring problem?

hondadude101
10-27-2011, 09:47 AM
i have a 2005 yfz and i was just riding it down the road about 3 weeks ago and it spuddered and died when i pulled the clutch in, i figured it was locked up because when i pulled the water pump cover off nothing came out, then i figured out the temp light had come unplugged so thats why it never came on. the engine is fine and the brushes are good, i checked them out, cable looks good from battery to starter motor, i push the start button and it just clicks once and then nothing. i tried charging the battery and its getting juice but it seems like the starter motor doesnt have enough tourque to turn it over, but the motor turns over by hand, i tried roll starting and the back wheels just locked up in 5th gear. it just doesnt make a lot of sence and im really frusterated with it. any help?

RichM1983
10-29-2011, 03:26 PM
It doesn't make sense that the motor will turn freely with your hands but not when in 5th gear. Will the motor not roll over at all when in gear? It could just be a dead battery. The 05's have battery charging issues from the factory and can kill a battery. If the battery doesn't have enough juice the starter solenoid will click like you say. Put a jumper box on the battery and jump the starter solenoids posts with a screw driver AFTER you check to make sure the motor turns over freely.

hondadude101
10-30-2011, 06:30 PM
i tried the jumper pack and crossing it over, it just turns red, ill check the motor in gear, could it be a tranny problem then? it started for me the other day but it died right away and then clicked, i ddnt have a chance to get it in gear, clutch maybe? i dont see how these could have been damaged from antifreeze but im just throwing out possibilities...