PDA

View Full Version : where to get pro peg nerf bars

deathman53
10-27-2011, 07:47 AM
I need a set of pro peg nerf bars for a custom framed trike build of mine. I called AC racing and got a dumb lady who didn't understand what I wanted. She thought it was a quad at first, then when I corrected her about it. Said they don't make anything for three wheelers and even said the famous ignorant saying "aren't those illegal to own and very dangerous?" She said she was gonna have tech call me and that never happened. I need them for frame tubes 14" center to center.

Lasher
10-27-2011, 09:09 AM
Maybe Rath Racing? They made a set of the pro-peg style nerfs for my Walsh Hybrid. Really great people to work with, I found.

deathman53
10-27-2011, 10:47 AM
what is the typical diameter of tubing that is used?

Lasher
10-27-2011, 10:59 AM
The pegs on the Walsh hybrid frame were 1 1/8 OD and the center measurement was 17 inches. The nerfs fit right over the pegs and was about 1/2 inch too small on the center to center measurements. I was able to mount them with a little effort and told Jen about the measurement. Could just have been the metal warping from all the welding?

I got the monster pegs and they are nice. The pegs will eat up the boots but worth it. My Walsh 250R chassis has AC pro-pegs and I might sell them for a new set from Rath this winter.

deathman53
10-28-2011, 03:33 AM
I measured mine, 13 7/8 c-c and 1" 0d tube. I will call back rath today and see what they can do for me.

Lasher
10-28-2011, 08:29 AM
The pegs on the Walsh were the biggest problem. The nerfs had to have at least 1 1/8 ID to slide on. Good luck, they are nice nerfs when done.

deathman53
10-28-2011, 04:41 PM
I ordered them w/ Rath. Spoke to Mike, he needed some measurements and he wanted to know what is was going on. I ended up getting pro pegs that would be a total of ~47" wide, monster pegs and a angle in the front.

Black Sheep
10-28-2011, 05:41 PM
Since your putting nerf bars on that thing is it safe to assume you might be racing it?

We are looking to expand the 3 wheel racing circuit (outside of Ohio & western NY) to the east coast and may be in eastern NY, PA, NJ, MA, ME, and NH

deathman53
10-29-2011, 08:02 AM
I want to race my trikes. I will have 2 trikes to race. If it expands to somewhere in NJ, it will be a sure bet I will show up. Going to ohio, is kinda far to go. I am gonna talk w/ an owner of mx track in maryland about having a 3 wheeler race. I got to smooth over the idea, first I am gonna ride my trikes there several times, hopefully some others will come too. Show him we are good people who know how to ride and hopefully we can get a class in the several races he holds every year. Its ashame the AMA is stopping track owners from even considered trike racing and their insurance companies "think" they are dangerous.