PDA

View Full Version : are fullflight arms on ebay any good??? whats benifit of +1 longer arms

chargerlover
10-25-2011, 07:06 PM
fullflight arms in ebay are a tempting price buf rather not buy arms twiceanyine have experance...an i know what +2+1 arms are but what is better about the +1 part just harder to wheelie? an does it mive shock to a diffrint angle?? thanks

89trx250r
10-25-2011, 07:12 PM
I dont have experience with that brand of a-arm but im sure there just made with steel instead of chromoly or something thats why there cheaper.A wider a-arm is going to give you more stability then the stock a-arms.Generally if your not riding in tight narrow trails you can get a +2 and have even more stability.You are correct the +1 in +2-+1 stands for 1 inch forward from stock so it gives you a longer wheelbase.As far as shocks go as long as you stay with standard travel a-arms your stock shocks will mount right up if you go to long travel you will have to upgrade to longer shocks.

chargerlover
10-25-2011, 07:17 PM
whats the benifit of longer wheel base in front i can see hiw a extended swing arm is helpfull but can a diffrance even be noticed with 1inch up front

CJM
10-25-2011, 07:38 PM
+1 arms mean +1 to both sides, so a total of two inches. +2 is 4 inches total and +3 is 6 inches.

Adding width to the front allows you to corner better, the bike is more stable around turns. +1 is what I like for woods since its not to much to fit thru tight trails.

chargerlover
10-25-2011, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by CJM
+1 arms mean +1 to both sides, so a total of two inches. +2 is 4 inches total and +3 is 6 inches.

Adding width to the front allows you to corner better, the bike is more stable around turns. +1 is what I like for woods since its not to much to fit thru tight trails.

the width part i understand it the wheelbase part of adding one inch twords the bumper. or extending the bike front to rear..

beastlywarrior
10-25-2011, 07:52 PM
Id recommend those but id really recommend ars or wicked

CJM
10-25-2011, 07:55 PM
+1 or whatever forward moves the bikes center of gravity more and its balance point. I dont know many these days who would want that. So yes you cant wheelie as easy.

Longer swignarms make wheelies harder to but also help lessen the bucking you get on rough terrain some quads have due to too short a swingarm-say the 400ex for example.

chargerlover
10-25-2011, 08:02 PM
ok cool they do buck pretty bad bout threw my big *** off it lol

chargerlover
10-25-2011, 08:09 PM
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=370553498647&index=5&nav=SEARCH&nid=62138894854

looks like dom tubing hmmmm idk

chargerlover
10-25-2011, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by beastlywarrior
Id recommend those but id really recommend ars or wicked

any links to the sites

CJM
10-25-2011, 08:48 PM
fwiw id not want the +1 forward. It wont make a huge difference but you will notice it. Probably why the arms are so cheap besides being made of a cheaper material perhaps.

smelly$cat
10-25-2011, 10:33 PM
I think the +1 forward makes the front end a little more "buggy" like for lack of a better description. I have a +2 +1 front end and I've landed almost straight on my nose, but, due to the +1 it was able to kick the front end out forward and allow me to recover rather than get tossed over the bars.

chronicsmoke
10-26-2011, 06:16 AM
A little info on F-Flight, I ran them on my 450r for a year of MX practice/races. Unless they have the "new design" heim joints, then I'd pass on them.

Their old heims had a bolt through design that held the heim to the spindle, that bolt through design seperated on me TWICE! First time was on a 50+ ft table, and the second time was on a 30ft table. Let's just say SCARY! I managed to ride away unscathed but if i would have caught a rock or something I'd have been airborn.

I changed the old style heims with 'New Style' heims (they are welded instead of bolted) and I never had that problem again. I rode the same tracks and everything..

Would I get them again? If they were the 2nd Gen. heim joints, sure. Especially if you're only doing woods/XC riding.

I would have kept them actually, but I just sold my ST F-Flight/Monster Perf. setup to by a LT Houser/Stadium setup..

chargerlover
10-26-2011, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by chronicsmoke
A little info on F-Flight, I ran them on my 450r for a year of MX practice/races. Unless they have the "new design" heim joints, then I'd pass on them.

Their old heims had a bolt through design that held the heim to the spindle, that bolt through design seperated on me TWICE! First time was on a 50+ ft table, and the second time was on a 30ft table. Let's just say SCARY! I managed to ride away unscathed but if i would have caught a rock or something I'd have been airborn.

I changed the old style heims with 'New Style' heims (they are welded instead of bolted) and I never had that problem again. I rode the same tracks and everything..

Would I get them again? If they were the 2nd Gen. heim joints, sure. Especially if you're only doing woods/XC riding.

I would have kept them actually, but I just sold my ST F-Flight/Monster Perf. setup to by a LT Houser/Stadium setup..

could u look at the link i posted an see if its the same design cuz im kinda confused on how they were held togeather

jaspurx
10-26-2011, 08:46 AM
I was skeptical at first, but the price tempted me to find out.

I go theirt +3+1 on my 07 practice quad, no problems at all with the heims so far. I like the price and the adjustability.
I have put them through their paces and am happy to report they hold up well comsidering I`m still running stock shocks on them.

If you contact them (like I did) they probably have what you want if you don`t want the +1 forward style.
I contacted them because I wanted LT for on my race quad, and they hooked me right up.

NO, I do not have ANY afiliation with them, sponsorship or anything like that.

I`m not so sure I would want to run pro class nationals with them on without a progressive ,extensive testing session;but they hold up fine to the mx and tt style racing that I do so far

chronicsmoke
10-26-2011, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by chargerlover
could u look at the link i posted an see if its the same design cuz im kinda confused on how they were held togeather

http://cp20.heritagewebdesign.com/~hnme33/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=32&products_id=47&zenid=356b300a406497d9c0d5ff42250e3489

Really hard to see, I wish I still had my setup, Id take a few pictures.. If they are new from FFlight, they should have the new style heims.

chargerlover
10-26-2011, 09:14 AM
oh ok i see the diff. i think they still come with the bolt tho atleast the ones on ebay do

chronicsmoke
10-26-2011, 09:24 AM
oh ok i see the diff. i think they still come with the bolt tho atleast the ones on ebay do

I'd e-mail them and see, might just be an old pic.

chargerlover
10-26-2011, 10:57 AM
will do..anyone here ever ride a 05 polaris predator troy lee edition? thinkin bout buyin one

chronicsmoke
10-26-2011, 11:27 AM
will do..anyone here ever ride a 05 polaris predator troy lee edition? thinkin bout buyin one

Never heard too much about Polaris, most of what I hear isn't good either :blah:

chargerlover
10-26-2011, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by chronicsmoke
Never heard too much about Polaris, most of what I hear isn't good either :blah:

lol i went out an rode mine again,,ill just by the wify something an ill keep my 400 i was gana buy me something new an give her that but id rather have her on a 4x4 quad

smelly$cat
10-26-2011, 02:01 PM
I have. They don't handle as well as a EX, feel awkward and my 440 would beat it in all categories. I'd rather have any iteration of a EX over the Polaris.

lol i went out an rode mine again,,ill just by the wify something an ill keep my 400 i was gana buy me something new an give her that but id rather have her on a 4x4 quad

chargerlover
10-26-2011, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by smelly$cat
I have. They don't handle as well as a EX, feel awkward and my 440 would beat it in all categories. I'd rather have any iteration of a EX over the Polaris.

yeah i like how i can throw the 400 around an not flip an such my friend rolled his craptor 5 times doin the same thing i was i love how they are low slung an easy to toss around

CJM
10-26-2011, 03:13 PM
There are 5 kinds of bikes in this world:
1. Honda-it will never die and never lets you down.
2. Yamaha- pretty dang good but hondas still better
3. Suzuki-was king WAY back when, Im unimpressed with thier offerings these days
4. Kawasaki-barely interesting but good bikes.
5. Then you got the rest whose names arent even worth mentioning.

Me, I ride red.

smelly$cat
10-26-2011, 04:08 PM
we are getting off track, but, I have to say the KFX450 gives me a baby chub. (I have one now, but bone stock) And the kawi 450 dirtbike is also sick.

Have any of you guys ever been to a endurocross event? I went this past weekend and it was so sweet! The obstacles the guys have to ride on are crazy! Like pits of chopped lumber or fields of large jagged rocks. Just crazy! They are crashing all the time and it makes it very exciting to watch. You guys should keep an eye out for it coming to your town. Deff worth the price of admission.

And to keep this post on topic, I helped a friend install a pair of fflight a-arms on his EX a few years back. They looked a bit thin to me vs. the aftermarket arms on my EX, but, bottom line is they did work and gave no problems.

smelly$cat
10-26-2011, 04:10 PM
http://www.endurocross.com/

chargerlover
10-26-2011, 04:51 PM
thats some balsy stuff lol

chronicsmoke
10-27-2011, 05:47 AM
Found a pic of the old style heims.. Avoid set-ups that are still using these.. If you're buying them straight from F-Flight then maybe they'll upgrade to them at the least.. I wouldn't ride a set without at least the lower heims replaced.. (both times it was the lower heim that failed..)

pic: look beside the wheel on the top a-arm.. those are the old style heims..

chargerlover
10-27-2011, 06:29 AM
i see what Ur sayin looks.sketchy

brokenmike
10-27-2011, 09:36 AM
I have the +2+1 full flight a arms on my quad since 2004 and I didn't notice a difference with the +1 forward. I only replaced the outer Heims once. I keep them lubricated with WD-40. Mine have the old style Heims and haven't came apart. I like them

chronicsmoke
10-27-2011, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by brokenmike
I have the +2+1 full flight a arms on my quad since 2004 and I didn't notice a difference with the +1 forward. I only replaced the outer Heims once. I keep them lubricated with WD-40. Mine have the old style Heims and haven't came apart. I like them

For sure. If you run into some good luck threadlocking the old heims, or if you have the updated heims, they are a good low budget a-arm.. I dont know why people who haven't tried them always badmouth them..

I've had two bad experiences with them, updating the heims solved the issue and I had no complaints after. Loved the adjustability too..

chargerlover
10-27-2011, 09:57 AM
cool ill buy some then im waiting on my Duncan graphics an seat cover to an bought some paddles an wheels today woohoo

smelly$cat
10-27-2011, 09:58 AM
what sort of paddles did you go with?

chargerlover
10-28-2011, 09:24 PM
ams aerospeed mounted on full face polished wheels for $125 at local shop

250x_kyle
10-28-2011, 10:58 PM
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=370553498647&index=5&nav=SEARCH&nid=62138894854

looks like dom tubing hmmmm idk

all tubing used for motorsports is dom tubing. chromoly tubing is dom tubing. DOM (Drawn Over Mandrel) and ERW (Electric Resistance Welded). Tubing has a consistant wall thickness. OD (outer diameter) minus the ID (Inter Diameter) not to be confused with pipe that is classified with a Scheduel. anyways back to the main point. 1020 mild steel tubing is just as strong as 4130 chromoly. the difference is you can run a smaller wall thickness on the chromo then the 1020 to get roughly the same effect. say .120 wall 1020 vs .095 or .083 chromoly. the chromo is more prone to crack as to where dom is more likely to bend. chromoly is just steel with chromium and molybdenum wich when he treated changes how hot it has to be and how the cooling cycle must go to get a same or stronger structure but thats a completely different topic at this point. hope this clarifys things.

dom is not a type of tubing but a process. theres CREW, HREW, ERW, DOM. on a side note yes chromoly is tough stuff but so is the dom 1020 both are going to fatigue over time.

aaren248
10-31-2011, 03:04 PM
F-Flight dosnt even sale the old style heims anymore, at least thats ben the case with the last 10 people i know thats has baught them within the past year or so. I baught my +3+1,s about 1 1/2 year ago and have had no problems with them on Works triple rates. and thats doin 60-70ft doubles, as long as its the new style heims it should work fine. Id buy them again.:D