PDA

View Full Version : ct350pv motor update, need help..

jwags13
10-25-2011, 06:28 PM
Well the seller of the motor will not give me my money back or he will not contact fed ex about the claim for the busted motor. So i was wondering if anyone on the forum could help me out to find the link for the ebay ad that the seller had for the ct350pv motor. I was told that they stay up for 30 days after sale. Also is it possible to get the link for the classified ad on this forum that still has the motor and what comes with it? Any help would greatly be appreciated.

danhung11
10-25-2011, 07:07 PM
Have you tried contacting FedEx?

Did you pay via PayPal?

Did you contact the seller directly? I spoke to him about 12 hours before you paid for the motor. This is really sad, and I am sorry to hear of your troubles. He should make this right, it's obvious is was shipped poorly and a nice motor is wasted.

If I were you, I'd contact FedEx with all the information you have and let them know the seller will not cooperate with your claim, etc.

All you can do is be honest, upfront, AND professional. Try not to let your emotions get the best of you.

jwags13
10-25-2011, 07:11 PM
Yes i did contact fed-ex 3 times and they say the same thing everytime, "the seller has to be the one opening the claim". Yes i did pay with pay pal.

danhung11
10-25-2011, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by jwags13
Yes i did contact fed-ex 3 times and they say the same thing everytime, "the seller has to be the one opening the claim". Yes i did pay with pay pal.

Did you try filing a claim via PayPal?

jwags13
10-25-2011, 07:31 PM
Yes i did file a claim with pay pal. And yes he should make this right. For one reason he falsley advertised the motor as having a cr250 ignition. It did not have one, it has a stock fly wheel with a lrd cdi. And a 2nd reason he packaged a 2000 dollar motor in a cardboard box, after the fact that i offered to buy a cooler to ship the motor in. He also said that he had a cooler and would ship the motor in it which he did not do. He didnt even drain the tranny fluid or take out the drain plug before he shipped. Nor did he take the time to take out the throttle cable out of the carb for shipping and it got busted off. Just straight negligence. I would have to bet that there is no yukon gears in the motor either but we shall see. Also i talked to fed-ex again and there was no declared value on the motor. The hits just keep on coming.

rsss396
10-25-2011, 07:56 PM
If PayPal does not side with you when they make their final decision dont take it lying down.

You can call them and talk to them personally and plead your case and they may better understand the circumstances.

I have done this a couple times when they originally denied my claim. Both times they reversed their decision.

sameltoe
10-25-2011, 09:19 PM
This is just wrong, I like to think of most of the people here as "good guys"...

Hope he stands up and eats his mistake...

lsr_quads
10-26-2011, 12:55 PM
I bet the reason he refused the cooler is that the motor was damaged to begin with and hence the reason to ship in a box was to cover it up just my 2 cents

lsr_quads
10-26-2011, 12:56 PM
question for you is his address still on the box?

89trx250r
10-26-2011, 03:15 PM
Listen I don't like calling people out or anything cause i feel like they should man up themselves if they screwed up...But the guy who sold you the motor replied today on these forums to the roll design a-arm thread a few down from this...The fact he is seemingly ignoring this thread speaks a lot for his character...Doesnt look like he has any intention of making it right : /

205dke187
10-26-2011, 04:16 PM
Honestly I don't want to argue with everyone on this forum. I am trying to take care of this. I have been in touch with fedex and faxed all the propper papers. I don't want either of us to br out anything but he's got a claim in with paypal and wants me to file with fedex. And I don't want to lose out completely. So im working with fedex to do an investigation and at least give me something. I DO HAVE THE ORIGINAL DETAILS OF THE ORIGINAL SHIPMENT AND THE DECLARED VALUE IS 2000.00. When fedex relabeled it THEY didn't include that but I have the original.

JOHNDOE83
10-26-2011, 04:25 PM
If he ^ truely has the original copy, you both should be ok.

205dke187
10-26-2011, 04:28 PM
I will upload it shortly.

205dke187
10-26-2011, 04:39 PM
http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g442/205dke187/2011-10-26_17-33-53_288.jpg

HERE! notice the ship date and the declared value. fedex probably did say that there is no declared value...... but heres is proof....

jwags13
10-26-2011, 06:11 PM
Thats fine, you told me a dozen times over the weekend that you would be on the phone with fed-ex at 9am monday morning and as of tues night they had not heard from you. Believe me i know i have been calling them at least 10 times a day since sat. And i dont want to argue with you either, i just want my money back. You are not gonna loose out at all, in fact u might make out a little. You get your motor back, in which you can part out, and you get the claim check from fed-ex. I think you make out pretty good considering the fact that you falsely advertised and sold a motor. Then after the fact that i asked you to ship the motor in a cooler, (and offered to buy a cooler with my own money) you shipped the motor in a cardboard box with the tranny oil and oil plug still in and the throttle cable attached which also broke. I paid u 2000 dollars for a ct350pv motor with a cr250 ignition and yukon gears, and all i got was a busted up broke ct350pv motor.

JOHNDOE83
10-27-2011, 03:20 PM
Ive been through a few of these ebay/fedex issues, maybe I can offer some advice?

The only problem I see is theres no insurance on the package, because of that fedex may not do anything for you.

As the seller, anything worth more then $500 you need to ad the insurance from now on, I got burnt several times by that. Sometimes no matter what the condition the parts were in when they were shipped, no matter how good the pics and description were. Some buyer will think its unacceptable ... No matter what!

As the buyer, without physically seeing a receipt or the actual part installed, you can not just assume what the seller says is in it, is what it really is. For all We know, he bought it that way some time ago and thats what he was told was in there and doesnt know that their not.

My advice to both parties, exchange pics of what was shipped, then what arrived as damaged, if you cant get fedex to own up to it and pay a minnimum back for loss, then your both in a bad spot. So, you need to work together to try and get a fedex payment to fix damages.

If fedex wont pay because you didnt have insurance on the package, your both either gonna have to come to a agreement with a personal settlement between the 2 of you, "like money back" or let ebay/paypal decide it for you.

Let me ask you both something, try to answer without bashing the other party.

What are you both looking at as far as a reimbursment from one another?

Post pics of the stuff on here also so we can see whats going on?

JoePA
10-27-2011, 04:00 PM
JohnDoe is exactly right...bashing each other is goign to get both of you no where.

My advice is pull the engine apart, send the left side to Carlos for repair and have the seller pay for the repair and gaskets for the install. Either way the cases have to be split.

Some work on the buyers side and the seller is out a few bucks but it makes it much easier and no so drawn out.

Work something out TOGETHER to get this resolved.

sameltoe
10-27-2011, 04:07 PM
JOHNDOE83 here is the link to the pics... http://s1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee417/jwags131/

sameltoe
10-27-2011, 04:20 PM
I only posted a link to the pics becuase jwags13 asked me too. He won't be around a computer till tomorrow night...

JOHNDOE83
10-28-2011, 11:33 AM
In my opinion, that looks like shipping damage to me. you can tell by the way its packaged and how the damage is. I never saw a before pic though so its hard for me to say.

Unfortunatly, that leads me to say that if fedex wont fess up, you both are gonna get stuck with this. My advice in that case would be to split the cost of a "easy" fix and chaulk this up to a learning experience for the two of you.

As a buyer and seller, one of you for $2000 should have insured the package, now your left to deal with it. I suggest taking a very inexpensive route to fix or replace the broken parts, it will probally add up to or a lil bit exceed what you would have spent for insurance on the package.

So in total what needs to be replaced?

guy310
10-28-2011, 12:25 PM
Not taking sides or anything but insurance and to what level to insure to and all that needs to be worked out ahead of time before the sale. Always easier to communicate before something goes bad what would be done in case of FUBAR.

jwags13
10-28-2011, 06:25 PM
For all We know, he bought it that way some time ago and thats what he was told was in there and doesnt know that their not.

No, actually when i asked him about the ignition he said "that he knew it was not a stock ignition and just assumed it was a cr250". It just so happens that he assumed something that would make the appeal and worth of the motor more? And what about the seller not shipping the motor in a cooler when he said he would and i asked him to and offered to buy him one? Is that ok in your book to JOHNDOE83?

jwags13
10-28-2011, 06:44 PM
And i did pay for insurance, the motor and such was 1850, the insurance was around 100, and 57 to ship. The total was 2007 paid through pay pal. And we discussed everything prior to buying and sending and i made sure to cover all my bases when discussing. The seller just did not do what was agreed upon.

JOHNDOE83
10-29-2011, 11:14 AM
In that case, If he did not add the insurance after you paid for it, I would consider that his fault and he should have a obligation to correct the broken parts or refund you that money for the insurance.

As far as the cooler goes, I also have shipped motors in coolers, but sometimes depending on who handles the package they wont ship it like that, I dont know why some do and some wont.

I actually packaged shocks in a cardboard box with bubble wrap inside and they wouldnt ship it until I put it in a better box? what was stupid about it was that was the original box they were shipped to me in?

Its been several days right? what has ebay/paypal done so far?

jwags13
10-29-2011, 12:07 PM
No word from pay pal yet, there is def a claim open through them. And i talked to fed-ex again today and they are def gonna do an inspection on the motor, just not sure when yet. Also im not trying to be a d*** or anything, im just bummed out about the whole situation. It really blows man. I was working with the seller and being somewhat calm until i found the nonexistent cr 250 ignition. Then everything went out the window. How ever would u be able to trust someone after that?

250r4life
11-02-2011, 04:24 PM
its an aftermarket ignition... that could easily be an honest mistake.

its a crappy situation all around but i would not base me whole reasoning for being irate based off the fact that it was not a cr ignition. other stuff maybe, but i wouldnt throw my calmness out the door over that.

89trx250r
11-03-2011, 03:17 PM
Last i checked cr250 ignition's were 560$ from Esr... When you buy a motor for 2000$ thats 1/4 of what its worth. You may look at it differently 250r4life and that's fine, but jwags isnt ok with that and thats also fine...To each his own

250r4life
11-03-2011, 06:11 PM
yeah i guess that is a good point. I was not thinking about how expensive they are.

what can you pick them up used for? to play devils advocate, if we assigned new costs to everything the top end is close to 2k by itself, the yukon gears another $600 or so, plus the ignition etc...

but yeah i get your point... my point, like i said, its just a crappy situation all the way around and although it sux being told that when you are pissed off, flying off the handler RARELY helps the situation (easier said then done i know)