PDA

View Full Version : swinger and oil mod

hondadude101
10-25-2011, 01:35 PM
i have a 2005 yfz and was wondering if anybody knows if the 08 swingarm will fit on it? i like the honda sytle better and was wanting to stay with that, i have a roberts swingarm on it and it is the honda style, but would a stock one mount up in front? also what is the oil squirt mod? thanks in advance
-Andy

XCRacer236
10-25-2011, 07:23 PM
If you switch swing arms, you have to switch the rear shocks] and linkage as well. If you don't, the whole geometry will be off and it won't work. I think you might have to switch the rear master cylinder as well, but don't quote me on that. I know it can be done though, plenty of guys have done it.

As far as the oil squirter mod, you take the cases apart and drill into the bottom of the crank so oil can get squirted into the cylinder. The first generations had just a splash design and it didn't work worth a *****, lol. There is a great how-to over on YFZCentral.

hondadude101
10-25-2011, 08:16 PM
dang thats alot of changing **** around, and i dont think the oil mod is gonna be done any time soon, lol, thanks for the info tho much appreciated

XCRacer236
10-25-2011, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by hondadude101
dang thats alot of changing **** around, and i dont think the oil mod is gonna be done any time soon, lol, thanks for the info tho much appreciated

It is a lot, BUT if the bike is raced, it's almost a MUST. If it's just trail ridden or stuff like that, it is usually fine when maintained.

hondadude101
10-26-2011, 10:27 AM
i dont race, just ride around wen i have time, heck for all i know about the bike it might be done already

XCRacer236
10-26-2011, 07:35 PM
You will be fine then. It is a possibility

zzsa02
11-04-2011, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by XCRacer236
If you switch swing arms, you have to switch the rear shocks] and linkage as well. If you don't, the whole geometry will be off and it won't work. I think you might have to switch the rear master cylinder as well, but don't quote me on that. I know it can be done though, plenty of guys have done it.

As far as the oil squirter mod, you take the cases apart and drill into the bottom of the crank so oil can get squirted into the cylinder. The first generations had just a splash design and it didn't work worth a *****, lol. There is a great how-to over on YFZCentral.

I could be wrong but I don't think you have to switch over the shock and linkage. I've been running an 06+ swingarm with an 05 shock and GT link. No problems. I also know of other people doing this.

You need a swingarm, rear brake cailper, brake stay, rear carrier, and brake hub.

chihakyfz450
11-08-2011, 10:29 AM
no u dont have to switch as long as u got same year shock link and the push pull rod or what ever it is