PDA

View Full Version : Little Sahara, OK

MX MaNiAc 06
10-25-2011, 11:14 AM
Anybody ride out at Little Sahara sand dunes? Its about a 5 hour drive from me but i dont have anybody to ride with. Looking to make the trip out there for an event or if some people wanna meet up and carve some dunes.

Titanium
10-25-2011, 09:42 PM
I ride out there alot. I live about an hour and a half away make the trip at least once a month. I would definitely say its worth the drive as long as your staying for a couple days. Make sure you have your hotel room booked in advance. Even in off weekends the hotels their are packed it seems.

audioworks04
10-25-2011, 11:02 PM
Hotel room?? My tent is nicer than the hotels in waynoka. But really it is worth the drive, it is right at 5 hours for me and Ill go down for just a weekend. Just make sure you check to make sure it isnt a big weekend before you head down, if it is you better head down early. Its a smaller park, but very very fun Ive been goin since the early 90s and dont plan on stopping anytime soon. Im done for the season thought or id meet you down there, out with a broken collar bone from my last trip. Post up when you head down maybe we can get an exriders weekend organized.

smr
10-26-2011, 06:32 AM
13 hour drive for me and yes...I've drove down just for the weekend before. Love that place.

This time of year I would recomend arriving on a sunday as that place realy dies down sunday, monday and tuesday. People will start showing up again on wednesday and by friday it will be packed again.

jaspurx
10-26-2011, 09:20 AM
That would be a way cool trip!!

What is the weather there like in late february? It might be a good mid-winter trip if the weather there is suitable

BlasterEaten250
10-26-2011, 09:49 AM
We should make this trip in March because we are most likely going down then :D

MX MaNiAc 06
10-26-2011, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by audioworks04
Hotel room?? My tent is nicer than the hotels in waynoka. But really it is worth the drive, it is right at 5 hours for me and Ill go down for just a weekend. Just make sure you check to make sure it isnt a big weekend before you head down, if it is you better head down early. Its a smaller park, but very very fun Ive been goin since the early 90s and dont plan on stopping anytime soon. Im done for the season thought or id meet you down there, out with a broken collar bone from my last trip. Post up when you head down maybe we can get an exriders weekend organized.

Yes.. I would love to set up an exriders trip!!! November or December would be awesome. Anybody down to set a date and meet up there for a ride? Ive seen some pictures but i was wondering if you can go pretty big there? I wasnt impressed by the jump pics i saw. Would you guys say its worth it to have paddles there or can you get by with mx tires?

BlasterEaten250
10-26-2011, 09:53 AM
I've seen people doing probably close to 100ft jumps, you just have to find the right dune and hit it fast enough :p

Oh, and we never used paddles and it worked fine since the sand is usually pretty wet and hard in the winter for the most part. Our trip in the spring we will be using paddles though.

MX MaNiAc 06
10-26-2011, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by BlasterEaten250
I've seen people doing probably close to 100ft jumps, you just have to find the right dune and hit it fast enough :p

Oh, and we never used paddles and it worked fine since the sand is usually pretty wet and hard in the winter for the most part. Our trip in the spring we will be using paddles though.

Right on! Do the paddles make a big difference? Any time you wanna go ride there just let me know a week or two in advance. Im trying to find an excuse to go in a few weeks but i dont wanna go alone. 325-203-8790

BlasterEaten250
10-26-2011, 06:14 PM
From what I can tell they do, this will actually be my first time using them in the sand. We didn't have any problems running knobbie tires, I just think you could get a lot more out of it with paddles.

We are planning on heading down there in early March for spring break, I'll probably make a thread and see if we can get some sort of group ride thing goin' on!

Titanium
10-26-2011, 09:06 PM
paddles do make a big difference but you will be fine with knobbies. Jumping wise there is plenty to choose from out there. 100+ foot jumps are fairly easy to accomplish. :devil: :devil:

Titanium
10-26-2011, 09:09 PM
another jump shot from a few months ago...

MX MaNiAc 06
10-27-2011, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Titanium
paddles do make a big difference but you will be fine with knobbies. Jumping wise there is plenty to choose from out there. 100+ foot jumps are fairly easy to accomplish. :devil: :devil:

Thats whats up!

jaspurx
10-27-2011, 11:49 AM
The march/spring break trip would be great!!

I can`t make any real trips until late feb. or later , but go have some fun for me if you can!!

mcwilly
10-28-2011, 08:15 AM
MX MaNiAc, sent you a PM

Titanium
10-30-2011, 10:44 AM
didn't realize i posted the same pic twice. lol my bad! i'll try and post again with the right pic this time. Here's another shot of a 100+ foot jump. I've got some shots of me throwing some huge superman and heel clickers out there. They're pretty sweet.:devil: i might just have to post em but i dont want to be hijacking anybodys thread.