PDA

View Full Version : Stewart signed with JGR for 4 wheel racing.

300ex_#387
10-25-2011, 11:04 AM
Signed with JGR. Also has the possibility of racing 4 wheels.

mcwilly
10-25-2011, 11:18 AM
In the articles I've read, I dont see where racing anything with 4 wheels (NASCAR) is a done deal. They all mention how he'll have the opportunity to explore his future possibilities. (obviously NASCAR being that future).
But interesting to see he signed w/ JGR since the word on the street was that he wasnt happy with the Yamaha.

300ex_#387
10-25-2011, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by mcwilly
In the articles I've read, I dont see where racing anything with 4 wheels (NASCAR) is a done deal. They all mention how he'll have the opportunity to explore his future possibilities. (obviously NASCAR being that future).
But interesting to see he signed w/ JGR since the word on the street was that he wasnt happy with the Yamaha.

Yeah those are the same things I have read. I guess my post makes it seem like i meant he will be racing Nascar but I did not mean it that way.

patrickj75
10-25-2011, 12:05 PM
In the USA Today article James said the JGR Yamaha was a lot better than what he had.

Scro
10-25-2011, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by patrickj75
In the USA Today article James said the JGR Yamaha was a lot better than what he had.

A Harley would be alot better as long as they put enough 0's in the check.

madskrillz2
10-25-2011, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Scro
A Harley would be alot better as long as they put enough 0's in the check.

x2
http://racerboy.tv/102011-mo-money.jpg

SRH
10-25-2011, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by madskrillz2
x2
http://racerboy.tv/102011-mo-money.jpg

LMFAO so true...but you cant blame him, the stewarts are intelligent , get the money while its there

in a way tho u cant blame him , hes invested a couple seasons getting use to this new bike, jgr support is great im sure, and he said he liked there bike

im doubtful he will take a championship over villopoto but he will beat him in flat out speed

good to know james will be back to outdoors as well

guy310
10-25-2011, 01:46 PM
That cartoon is funny because the bulk of suzukis championships have come from 3 people. It's not like the bikes are great or anything. For many years they were **** bikes. That yami fit him well he just had some suspension issues and I don't think things were going well on the team either. He will do very well with JGR and if anybody thinks he can't compete with RV they are just lying to themselves. All the BS stops come January. We'll all just have to wait until then.

300ex_#387
10-25-2011, 02:05 PM
If you guys read an article awhile back from Stewarts suspension guy Sergio it explains it wasn't so much the Yamaha as it was what they were trying to do with his suspension. They were trying something new and it just flat out didn't work.

HondaRacing83
10-25-2011, 02:15 PM
whats with the motocross guys trying to go to nascar? we dont need another ricky charmichael repeat.

blacknblue#2
10-25-2011, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by HondaRacing83
whats with the motocross guys trying to go to nascar? we dont need another ricky charmichael repeat.

pays good money and dont take near the beating lol.

300ex_#387
10-25-2011, 03:05 PM
I'm not sure if your making fun of Carmichael or not but he just got a 4th place finish at Talladega. Pretty good for a motocross guy.

quad2xtreme
10-25-2011, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by 300ex_#387
I'm not sure if your making fun of Carmichael or not but he just got a 4th place finish at Talladega. Pretty good for a motocross guy.

Another ATVRider member trying to impose facts into an Internet discussion. What is that all about? :D
;)

mjc597
10-25-2011, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by HondaRacing83

so it's ok for them to race short course trucks and desert trucks..whatever pays the bills, and u can't pay them when you're hurt all the time..lol

rollie
10-25-2011, 03:56 PM
while the suspension on the San Manuel bike was most of the problem, i have seen/heard a few other instances were riders just want off the Yamaha, it seems as though its simply not a good bike at the professional level.

rf928
10-25-2011, 04:40 PM
Pardon my ignorance, but will he race the outdoors now?

300ex_#387
10-25-2011, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by rf928
Pardon my ignorance, but will he race the outdoors now?

As long as he stays healthy you should see him at outdoors.

300ex_#387
10-25-2011, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by rollie
while the suspension on the San Manuel bike was most of the problem, i have seen/heard a few other instances were riders just want off the Yamaha, it seems as though its simply not a good bike at the professional level.

Defenatly true. A lot of Pros do not like the Yamaha but if any team can fine tune this bike it would be JGR. Teams are actually starting to go to JGR for bikes now. I think the BTO team with Byrne will be running JGR parts on their bikes next year.

FHKracingZ
10-25-2011, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by guy310
That cartoon is funny because the bulk of suzukis championships have come from 3 people. It's not like the bikes are great or anything. For many years they were **** bikes. That yami fit him well he just had some suspension issues and I don't think things were going well on the team either. He will do very well with JGR and if anybody thinks he can't compete with RV they are just lying to themselves. All the BS stops come January. We'll all just have to wait until then.

Well good to know you have not been watching pro mx/sx the past 8-9 years. Every rider that has got on that factory suzuki 450 since RC has taken their riding to another level. I believe its the best "factory" 450 out there. Alessi, Reed, Tedesco, metcalf, all had their best seasons while on that bike.

guy310
10-25-2011, 07:19 PM
What, 8 years out of the last 50? The only champion in the group of over rated has beens that you served up as proof that Suzukis are awesome was Reed. Alessi sucks as does Tedesco and Metcalf might be going good now but he can't compete at the same level as the Big Four. And that Championship wasn't earned, it was bought, not to mention anybody else that was fast that year (2009) was not riding. And now that I think of it, what makes it even worse was that even on what everyone considers the crappiest bike, nobody could match Stewart's speed last year. He may not have been consistent but he sure was fast on it.

madskrillz2
10-25-2011, 07:19 PM

Lol ORLY?! First of all I'm pretty sure they weren't trying to show Suzuki's championships in that cartoon. They were implying Stewart would win a lot with Suzuki or make more money on the Yamaha. Where does this idea that they're bikes "are not great or anything"? Pretty sure they're right there with Honda's for having the best handling and the motor is just as strong. You could also look how good guys have done after switching to Suzuki over the last few years.

madskrillz2
10-25-2011, 07:25 PM
What, 8 years out of the last 50? The only champion in the group of over rated has beens that you served up as proof that Suzukis are awesome was Reed. Alessi sucks as does Tedesco and Metcalf might be going good now but he can't compete at the same level as the Big Four. And that Championship wasn't earned, it was bought, not to mention anybody else that was fast that year (2009) was not riding. And now that I think of it, what makes it even worse was that even on what everyone considers the crappiest bike, nobody could match Stewart's speed last year. He may not have been consistent but he sure was fast on it.

Oh so they suck? Well why don't you go ahead and get out there and show em how it's done. Look how good Alessi was until he crashed when he was on Suzuki. Then look how his results were half as good on the KTM. Metcalfe and Tedesco have never been contenders so I'll give you that. They still had their best results on Suzuki. As for your Stewart's speed excuse for the Yamaha, Stewart would be fast on anything. He could get out there on a Husqvarna and post the fastest lap time. He's always been inconsistent but it just seemed a lot worse last year.

guy310
10-25-2011, 07:56 PM
You're right,"Stewart would be fast on anything", which was my point exactly.

Your Believe the Hype T-shirt must be too tight which is cutting off the blood flow to your brain. That would be the only thing I could think of that would cause you to think Alessi is in the same league as Reed, Dungey, Stewart, or Villopoto. Now I am not sure where I posted that I was going to "show 'em how it's done" but I do know that Alessi has never been as good as he always believed he was going to be. A lot of potential but very little results.

madskrillz2
10-25-2011, 08:08 PM
You're right,"Stewart would be fast on anything", which was my point exactly.

Your Believe the Hype T-shirt must be too tight which is cutting off the blood flow to your brain. That would be the only thing I could think of that would cause you to think Alessi is in the same league as Reed, Dungey, Stewart, or Villopoto. Now I am not sure where I posted that I was going to "show 'em how it's done" but I do know that Alessi has never been as good as he always believed he was going to be. A lot of potential but very little results.

You can't tell me he would not have won had he not blow his knee out that year. But yes, ever since then, he's been down hill. I think a lot of it has to do with his dad but I believe he still could be a contender if he would get his mind right. I doubt he would be indoors but definitely outdoors. The reason I brought up you getting out there and racing is because I feel like someone that isn't at that level racing has no right to say anyone out there sucks. It just makes you sound sour.

guy310
10-25-2011, 08:11 PM
I don't know about sour but disappointed for sure. Alessi could have been great if his dad hadn't ruined him.

300ex_#387
10-25-2011, 08:34 PM
Alessi for sure prefers the Suzukis. He even got Motoconcepts to change everything up from Yamahas just to join with him. It will be interesting to see how that team plays out next year. Alessi isn't in the same league as Reed, Dungey, Stewart and Villapoto but he is one of those guys that you will find mixing it up with them sometimes. The feild is so deep now its crazy.

SRH
10-26-2011, 11:51 AM
i wouldnt credit any of suzukis wins to the bike, id credit them to roger decoster

all suzuki gives them is the platform like with any manufactuer , its the team who has to make it work for the rider, the yamahas new design and chassis just seems extra hard to get dialed for the teams

james said he tested every brand...maybe he felt at the level the jgr bike was at and the other teams there was not enough of a difference to move away from the support jgr offers

scottproquad
10-26-2011, 07:37 PM
jimmy johnson and carl edwards started off life as motocrossers!!

guy310
10-26-2011, 08:01 PM
As did Clint Bowyer.

FHKracingZ
10-26-2011, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by SRH
i wouldnt credit any of suzukis wins to the bike, id credit them to roger decoster

all suzuki gives them is the platform like with any manufactuer , its the team who has to make it work for the rider, the yamahas new design and chassis just seems extra hard to get dialed for the teams

james said he tested every brand...maybe he felt at the level the jgr bike was at and the other teams there was not enough of a difference to move away from the support jgr offers

You cant believe what stewart says in a press conference. you think hes gonna say "I liked the suzuki better, but they couldnt come up with the money to pay me near what JGR can." Of course hes gonna say it was the best bike hes ridden, every pro says that about every bike they are on at that time.

On a podcast 2 weeks ago they interviewed josh coppins who rides factory yamaha in the GPs. He said that the new yamaha chassis is so touchy when it comes to making motor and suspension adjustments. Its very hard to set the bike up.

Alessi is every bit on the same level outdoors as the big 4. I just think his mental game is so out of wack he cant perform. In 2009 he was handing everybody ( including reed ) their but before he broke his knee cap.

guy310
10-26-2011, 09:06 PM
Well when Alessi starts "handling" everybody again this year then come back on and post how right you were. Untill then we'll let Championships speak for themselves. Potential is nothing without achievement.

300ex_#387
10-27-2011, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by FHKracingZ
Alessi is every bit on the same level outdoors as the big 4. I just think his mental game is so out of wack he cant perform. In 2009 he was handing everybody ( including reed ) their but before he broke his knee cap.

Actually it wasn't everybody. It was just Reed. Villapoto won the first overall then dropped out after that. The other big 4 were not racing. So to say he was handing "everybody" is a far stretch. But yes, I will agree with you that he did seem faster in 09. He is not on the same level BECAUSE of his mental game. I think that is what everyone is saying. Noone is doubting his speed. I'm not counting him out but I'm defenatly not expecting him top 5.

FHKracingZ
10-27-2011, 07:47 AM
Ok so he was just handing reed his butt. O yea thats right, Reed was handing everybody their butt this year untill his get off in millville. Winning 4 out of the first 6 races and dominating 2nd motos.

When you race at the level they do mental is every thing. If they are not comfortable on the bike they are not gonna be willing to hang it out as much.