PDA

View Full Version : 06 banshee

corey_richard87
10-24-2011, 07:30 PM
i have a 06 banshee with pipes, jets, and dual k&n air filters whats the next step to beefing up ma bike ??????

HondaPohl
10-25-2011, 03:32 PM
Go with a timing plate and set at +4. Than go with a cool head and run like 20cc domes. Should still be able to run pump gas. That help make a nice difference.

CSR400EX
10-28-2011, 10:48 AM
if your willing to tear into the motor then id suggest getting it ported or just go with some vitos super stock pistons. both will help free up some power

wilkin250r
10-28-2011, 07:50 PM
I hate to tell you, but I think you've run out of cheap upgrades, the kind of things we call "bolt on" power. We call them that because you just bolt them on, adjust your jetting, and you go.

From here on out, you're looking at tearing into the engine. You can still get a little bit of power increase with a timing plate or cool head, but not a whole bunch. Your best bet is tearing down the motor and sending the cylinders to a good shop to get ported to match your pipes and your riding style, and getting a new set of heads to match.

My advice: If you don't know, trust your engine builder. He'll ask you questions, and you need to be HONEST about your riding ability and your goals. Realize that lots of engine work is a trade-off, you give up power in this area to gain power in that area. Getting more power everywhere is possible, but it's expensive.

corey_richard87
10-28-2011, 08:32 PM
thanks for the help guys