PDA

View Full Version : JB and other shock info

Hetrick Racing
10-24-2011, 07:21 AM
I was just looking through some of these posts.
It bothers me about the shock questions and Ill tell ya why.

Shocks are the key to any set up on any quad but for the JB mods and Im sure other mods it is the difference in getting 1st and 5th.

Please understand if you just throw a shock on it like a bunch of people do on the cvt quads it will not work,your rider will not like the quad.

I know one guy bought a JB that a rider that weighed 150lbs that I had built, he put his rider on it that weighed about 85lbs.
He hated the quad told everyone JB mods are no good..Bottom line if the shocks were correct they probably would not have felt that way.

As you guys move up in classes and get into a mod remember these are scale quads they act and react very close to a full size
quad,,,,,suspension is everything

There is not a bunch of change from this point in your racing until your rider goes pro,trust me learn all you can about set up it will make your rider go way further

#404's Dad
10-24-2011, 09:15 AM
Gotta agree with this one, See it all the time, people Ebay shocks that are the same length and think its good to go, what about Shaft Length and Body Length? If these are not right for your set up it ain't working.

Had a quad here with JB and Elka on it, the Shocks were ordered for the specific application yet the rear body was way too long which drastically reduced the travel, made the kid not feel comfortable on the quad therefore he wouldn't ride it hard.

Shocks are everything!!

edwardsp&b
10-24-2011, 09:31 AM
Mr Hetrick hit it right on.......The riders that havent dialed in or have the wrong shocks will be hating life when they try to blitz the whoops in Pell city at round 1. I see more kids get ejected from their quads over those whoops....sometimes I feel bad for them.
Bryan

Bens Dad
10-24-2011, 01:10 PM
I agree when people ask me what they sould do to thier quad to make it faster! I reply get them some shocks that fit the quad and the rider, and watch them run faster with the motor they have!