PDA

View Full Version : Question about buying used chevy..

mrusk
02-25-2003, 06:35 PM
Hey i need to get myself a truck since i get ym license in may. I am looking to buy a 95 or newer chevy 2500 with like less then a 100k miles.

My parents have always bought new vehicles. If i buy a used truck am i neccesarly going to have proablems. What kind of stuff could i expect to go wrong on a chevy with 95k?

thanks

matt

sly400ex
02-25-2003, 08:11 PM
I've got a 92 Silverado with almost 130K on it. The thing still runs like new. Chevy makes some strong trucks. If it was maintained properly, I would bet you could get another 100K out os it easily. I see them for sale all the time with 200K + miles on them. (V 8's of course!;) ) I would go for it!

NTPRacing#19
02-25-2003, 08:48 PM
yea high mileage dont really dont matter now a days like it used to back then. i had a 90 chevy silverado with 350 and it had 180k when i bought it and sold it with 210k and i ran that thing hard sometimes... almost to the point of floating the valves and it still ran like new till the day i sold it

Striker49
02-25-2003, 09:00 PM
My dad bought an 88 350 Silverado brand new. Still runs great. Its mine now of course...he went and got himself a 03' Ram. :rolleyes: Haven't had any major problems all things considering and its rollin towards 175K. Had to replace the water pump once several years ago, but otherwise just little stuff is wrong. Power windows...the buttons got worn out so i had to have those replaced and now my power lock buttons refuse to work. It seems to drink antifreeze very slowly. From time to time it has to be refilled...but it doesnt leak anywhere. We have no clue what's up with that. Been doing it 2 years.

I mean, nothing really major. They are tough trucks and most of my buddies have Silverados...well, I think most of the guys that can drive either have Silverados, Tahoes, or Z71s at school. :p Most of them are used with 100K+ miles and very few have mentioned major problems. :)

QuadRacer041
02-26-2003, 05:23 AM
i agree we have 3 chevys in our drive way right now,99 tahoe 97 mason dump, and a 01 2500hd pickup
i love em all.i had a 94 2500 pick up before i got the 01i used it for plowing, only problem i had was the intake manifold gaskets leak and they warrentied it.
like someone said earlier just try to find one that was well maintained.