PDA

View Full Version : Brian Wolf and Ironman 2011 ATV

dxcody
10-23-2011, 08:27 AM
For those who dont know, or are wondering what happened to Wolf at the ironman, here it is.

He was standing at the top of Ironman hill during the morning race and some guy got stuck at the top of it, he was helping the stuck rider, and someone on a utility quad came up the same line as the stuck rider and ran Wolf over.

They thought he broke his leg, he may have... i havent heard, but he was sure hurting. He did race but he was in quite a bit of pain im sure so he didnt really go that fast. He did gather up some points, enough to secure the 6th position for the year, and he could possibly get 5th if (god forbit) something would happen to Fowler at Lorretta Lynns.

Meanwhile it was a great race, Mcclure pulled the holeshot in xc1 and hoyland pulled it in xc2. Mcgill lead the first 3 laps just barely over Borich and on the 2nd lap Fowler was in the perfect spot to overall it, i think he actually was in the overall lead for a while, but then on lap 3, Mcgill got stuck at the top of ironman hill Which caused Borich and bithell to get stuck, and Kiser took the fast line (very first line to the right up the hill) and took the lead, then I saw Bithell come out followed by Mcgill and Borich. Mcclure popped out next, and a minute or so later Ockerman came up the hill with a big lead over 7th place.

Then me and my buddies ran to the finish line to see who would grab the win, and through the last field section and woods section kiser was in the lead with Mcgill in 2nd and Borich in 3rd, then right before the finish line there was a little hill that they jumped out of to cross the finish line, and a few minutes later we could hear them. We saw someone jump out of the top of the hill and it was Borich, with Kiser and Mcgill just bumper to bumper with him. Bithell was not far behind and and Mcclure was right there too. Next Ockerman came through a few minutes back.

For Lorretta Lynns Ockerman, Cook and Mcclure are within 4 points of eachother.
Borich wrapped it up and is now a 3x GNCC champ.
If something would happen to Mcgill and he got a DNF at Lorretta's Bithell or Kiser could possibly take that #2 position from him.

Kindof a bummer that Borich won but hey that was some GREAT racing yesterday.

I will be at lorretta lynns if you want to add me on facebook.com/crichfield i can keep you updated on the PM race from where i see it.

Rcrazy
10-23-2011, 11:52 AM
I don't think he got ran over by it. I think what got his leg was when it came sliding down the hill and pinned him between the two quads bumper to bumper. All I know is if he wouldn't have gotten the other quad somewhat out of the way when he did the guy on the sport quad would have been seriously hurt! My hats off to Brian for jumping in there to help him out, show what kinda fella he is!

dxcody
10-23-2011, 07:03 PM
I wasnt 100% sure that was just what i heard, i do know he was hurting either way tho which really sucks but i guess thats just how it goes sometimes..