PDA

View Full Version : Maximum Plushness for XC

iforce
10-23-2011, 01:38 AM
ok....05 trx450r

anyone have thoughts on the cheapest way to get a super duper soft ride (for XC)?

currently running C&D stockers. i have hip arthritis and i want to run a few races next year. didn't know if there were any cheap ways to making a soft ride.

fomospede
10-23-2011, 09:05 AM
tire balls they take some shock out for sure

DnB_racing
10-23-2011, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by iforce
ok....05 trx450r

anyone have thoughts on the cheapest way to get a super duper soft ride (for XC)?

currently running C&D stockers. i have hip arthritis and i want to run a few races next year. didn't know if there were any cheap ways to making a soft ride. dont forget the more plush on shocks usually means they will bottom easier also, and that might not feel to good on the hips,long travel and duel rate will help but it will not be too cheap...

like mentioned above soft tires and maybe larger tires would help for not much money

iforce
10-23-2011, 11:13 AM
thanks, guys. its a delicate balance for sure. i used to be fairly fast. but, i've been out of it for so long. i think soft outweighs bottoming out right now.

what is everyone using for tire balls? i know when they first came out, the price was ridiculous.

Baileygunns
10-23-2011, 01:14 PM
Are you runing a link in the rear?

I have a Derisi Link for an 04/05 I might let go of for the right price...

mx Eli
10-23-2011, 02:22 PM
if you go with after market shocks you could try a lighter spring rate with alittle stiffer valving so it would have more of the hydrolic feel and more plush

89trx250r
10-23-2011, 04:39 PM
I cant remember exactly but i think troybuilt took those foam floaty noodles and cut them into little sections and filled his wheels said it worked just as good as tire balls for way way less money not to mention you dont have to go thru the trouble of inflating each tireball with the octopus hose they give you...

http://www.trx250r.net/forum/wheels-tires/4413-tireballs.html

thats the link your gonna have to sign up to see the pics i think

coryatver
10-23-2011, 11:35 PM
cheapest way to get a plush ride is to send your shocks to get the fronts revalved and rear new shock piston and linkage. GT Thunder is who I like the best but there are a lot of companies that offer the service.

Tireballs are still expensive. And worth every dollar if you can afford it! Foam inserts are a joke. Barbie balls work ok but still are not as good as tireballs

iforce
10-26-2011, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by coryatver
cheapest way to get a plush ride is to send your shocks to get the fronts revalved and rear new shock piston and linkage. GT Thunder is who I like the best but there are a lot of companies that offer the service.

Tireballs are still expensive. And worth every dollar if you can afford it! Foam inserts are a joke. Barbie balls work ok but still are not as good as tireballs

i had C&D rework them a few years ago. i'm sure Colby probably offers a better setup these days. maybe i'll give him a call, when i get it tore down.