PDA

View Full Version : custom oil cooler

TheX1992
02-25-2003, 06:08 PM
ok i did a search but didnt find what i needed. i know people hook up their own oil coolers on their bikes by cutting the oil line and hooking 2 tubes to an oil cooler as a bypass. i am interested in doing this to save me money. anyone else do this? i dont wanna spend a few hundred on one already made (replaces oil filter cover) if i can save alot and make one myself. ive heard of people using car tranny coolers too. let me know thanks alot

Dune Surfer
02-25-2003, 06:22 PM
I have heard of people doing it but I have never seen it in person. You can buy the kits that tap into your motor.I just want a bigger cooler or two stock coolers running inline. If anyone has done this clue us in. I ride in the dunes and this puppy gets hot.

TheX1992
02-26-2003, 09:01 AM
bump. i wonder if 400ex coolers would work.

300exTJjeeper
02-26-2003, 09:36 AM
It is best to install like a automotive cooler for a tranny, a small one of course. Proably a hayden or soemthing like that, I'll be putting one on mine proably next week going to garther all the parts up this week.

I'll post pic's up while in the process and stuff. There is another thread going on right now where some other guy already install a cooler on his 300ex. might wanna check it out, he did his for under 25 bucks